Action plan to accelerate remediation of private high-rise residential buildings with ACM cladding

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Action plan to accelerate remediation of private high-rise residential buildings with ACM cladding

Secretary of State for Communities, Rt. Hon James Brokenshire MP has announced further action to support councils as they work with owners of high-rise blocks.

A package of measures to drive forward swifter action by building owners to remove potentially unsafe cladding on private sector high-rise residential buildings was announced today (28 June 2018) by Secretary of State for Communities, Rt. Hon James Brokenshire MP.

Since the Grenfell Tower tragedy, local authorities have been working hard to identify affected buildings in their areas and have carried out the large-scale, complex task of assessing more than 6,000 buildings.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/action-plan-to-accelerate-remediation-of-private-high-rise-residential-buildings-with-acm-cladding

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

the stuff is a brilliant thermal insulator but what happened is a result of relying on computer simulations rather than actual testing of the combination of materials used.

A few years ago I attended a symposium on new methods of aluminium alloy production and one of the presentations was on an an alloy that was to be used in car wheels. The chap went through all about the novel manufacturing methods and how the fatigue testing of samples was showing failure at x thousand cycles. i commented to the person next to me that if used on a racing car then it would do 2 laps of the track before the wheel fell off at that rate. A problem of translating the small scale model into a working environment.

the film "Towring Inferno" ended with the main players saying that designers should spend time talking to people like fire fighters. You can point at design of train carriages and aeroplanes up until the 1980's as well, they were basically modelled on what worked before rather than starting absolutely afresh. Even Concorde worked as a structure by fortunate accident