Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    employee 1000 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2018

Default when should i receive payment

Hi,
    My employer raises our payslips on the 28th of each month and pays HMRC to relevant monies at this time.

Our Salaries are not then paid into our accounts until the 18th of the following month

. I have asked my employer why and he says this is just cash flow and "that's how it is" but we are all in effect always going 18 days without being paid, is this legal?

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

Default Re: when should i receive payment

what does your contract say about when you will be paid?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    employee 1000 Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2018

its just says "employees will be paid monthly for the hours they have worked"

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

and when does your payslip say payment is made? Not te date the payslip is printed but the date it says payment is made.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

essentially you are being paid 18 days in arrears. there is not a lot wrong with this per se but I agree it does cause problems with standing orders. DDicon's ect if you have recently changed jobs. What would worry me more is the reason given- cashflow problems. That indicates that the owner has a workforce for free for 6 weeks if he decides to do a runner and that he certainly has this position in mind when setting up the payments system

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details