• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

What will happen when

tezza1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So a little back story, 3-5 years ago my credit file was HORRIBLE I had defaults a plenty, a CCJ and could not access any credit at all apart from provident doorstep loans.

Fast forward to now, I have 4 credit cards

1 x Ocean card with a £400 limit - had for 3+ years

1 x Aqua Card with a £1200 limit - had for 2+ years

1 x Marbles Card with a £2500 limit - had for just over a year

1 x Barclaycard with a £800 limit - had for under 3 months

I also have a 4k Loan via On Stride Financial which I am paying off, never missed a payment.

And a car Loan via Moneybarn which I have also never missed a payment on.

I am sensible now and feel lucky to have the above available credit, albeit it some have high interest rates, but you have to start somewhere right. my credit rating is still classed as poor.

My main question is,

I currently have 2 defaults and 1 x CCJ on my credit file,

1 default is due to drop off (6 year mark) before the year is out and my CCJ will drop off in the first quarter of 2019 (again 6 year mark since ccj was issued)

when these 2 drop off I will be left with 1 default, will my credit rating improve much.

When am I likely to be able to apply for mainstream cards such as Virgin, MBNA, Halifax etc......

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

It may improve slightly.

Having too much credit is almost as bad as having none at all.

It depends on whether you're at your limit on your cards

- the recommendation to improve credit is to only ever use around 25% of your available credit.

You'll probably find it'll improve when the loans you have are either nearly paid off or fully paid and your cards all have plenty of credit available.

Just keep paying as you are, pay more if your able.

It's truly a game of wait and see.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Yes I don't use the cards often, certainly below 25% overall, sometimes I will make a large purchase on one and pay it off over 2-3 months.

When I look at my credit report it has Loads of Green markers now, which is nice to see,

Ohh I forgot to mention, I also now have 4 catalogue accounts with a total combined limit of about 1.2k which are used and paid off in full little and often.

So I guess I have 10 current credit accounts, all showing positive green markers for between 3 months and 3 years.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

That's a lot of credit to be honest.

Like I say, too much is also bad even with green markers.

If you don't use one or two of the catalogues I'd be inclined to close them.

Maybe the card with the highest APR too.

Reduce your overall available credit down and that will help.

It takes time though, unfortunately.

A credit file can be ruined in 6 months but can take years to repair.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

far too much available credit already and you want more?

these wont improve your score sadly a stupid myth purported by provident

[who BTW own moneybarn & vanquish]

pers i'd RID yourself of any credit you do not 1000% need

the CCJ going will make your score better

but i'd still expect it to be poor until the default drops off.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its not about wanting more, its about getting better term credit, with the mainstream lenders, as I said.

Also, I see credit now as a useful tool to have, cashflow etc....

As long as you can afford to repay it, which I can, am, and do.

If I pay the 1 remaining default balance off in full say early next year, will that also help, or the fact its now a default still count against me.

I think ive come a long way in the last 5 years from where I was.

Even if you paid the default off, the default marker won't be removed. It will mark the debt as settled though.

Honestly?

Having poor credit loans, 3 poor credit credit cards plus your catalogues is already too much.

Mainstream lenders won't give you credit whilst you have all that.

I'd cut it down to your Barclaycard and maybe one other and also two catalogues.

Once those loans are repaid your file should improve.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

imho no!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oc's very rarely do that

if they'd sold it on then p'haps

and they

oc's very rarely do that

if they'd sold it on then p'haps

Its now with MMF or Lantern I believe. Does that make a good/bad difference, they sent me a letter the other day offering me a 50% balance reduction if I can pay it off in one hit.

what is?

and they

whats the debt??

and they

it was originally a £900 Sunny Loan, about 3 years ago, default is 2 years old, Currently stands at about £1400, which in theory I can pay off, but only if the default is removed from my credit file, the debt is in the hands of MMF/Lantern.

ever looked at irresponsible lending

and they

no

do an IRL complaint

I bet your credit file was full of bad stuff at the time and you were behind on many loans too.

almost 100% guaranteed to see that default go if you were

please don't pay a fleecing DCA

all it does is ine their pockets and fund the harassment of 1000's like you

and they