Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    dondada Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2017

Default Re: SAR regarding employment termination?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    No harm in making the SARicon but on the face of it the case doesn't look the strongest.

Maybe it would help if the OP can give a little bit more on the nature of the illnesses and time off work?

That has been my point all along!
    Maybe there are materials that would assist the OP
    Maybe not!
    Although there seems to be a failure on the part of the employer to follow proper procedure
    However, procedural unfairness attract very small compensation
    The common exception to that rule is the Sharon Shoesmith case when she received a substantial amount

Basic Account Holder
    dondada Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    No harm in making the SARicon but on the face of it the case doesn't look the strongest.

Maybe it would help if the OP can give a little bit more on the nature of the illnesses and time off work?

Here is a quote from Megarry J in John v Rees [1970] 1 Ch 345, 402

"As everybody who has anything to do with the law well knows, the path of the law is strewn with examples of open and shut cases which, somehow, were not; of unanswerable charges which, in the event, were completely answered; of inexplicable conduct which was fully explained; of fixed and unalterable determinations that, by discussion, suffered a change"

Cases turn on small details
    So it will be unfair to conclude that a case has no prospect of winning when you don't have ALL the facts

Gold Account Holder Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by dondada View Post
    Here is a quote from Megarry J in John v Rees [1970] 1 Ch 345, 402

"As everybody who has anything to do with the law well knows, the path of the law is strewn with examples of open and shut cases which, somehow, were not; of unanswerable charges which, in the event, were completely answered; of inexplicable conduct which was fully explained; of fixed and unalterable determinations that, by discussion, suffered a change"

Cases turn on small details
    So it will be unfair to conclude that a case has no prospect of winning when you don't have ALL the facts
    I never claimed to have all the facts.

But based on the very limited information provided so far the prospects of success don't look great.

That may change with more details from the OP or further disclosure.

And you don't need to teach me how to suck eggs, thanks.

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

Case Law shows that there is the need to follow procedures in dismissing a staff
    See Molloy v Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust

28 years service, versus the 6 months in this case, so the internal procedures to be followed are completely different.

Next spurious case law please?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    dondada Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by Emmzzi View Post
    28 years service, versus the 6 months in this case, so the internal procedures to be followed are completely different.

Next spurious case law please?

On what legal point have you made this conclusion
    Can you provide relevant information?
    Can you provide concrete evidence to back your statement?
    Proper procedure is covered under the Burchell Test and adopted for all aspect of dismissal
    You spend more time attacking me rather than providing concrete information
    You forgot how you tried to mislead the OP by saying dismissal on health grounds can still be legal?
    I caught you on that
    Later you will attack the OP by saying he has no intelligence to make a decision

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

You forgot how you tried to mislead the OP by saying dismissal on health grounds can still be legal?
    I caught you on that
    Caught me being accurate?

Iíve dismissed on health grounds. The union rep agreed it was fair. Itís a legal option. Businesses are not there to replace the welfare state.

Now please stop goading people in stressful enough situations to make bad decisions based on your dire reading comprehension. Itís not you living with the chaos you cause.

Basic Account Holder
    basildonbond1946 Novitiate

If I was the OP I would have switched off completely and looked elsewhere for information.Things are not helped by petty bickering between contributors this is not a forum for scoring points off each other.if you cant contributeicon any thing useful dont

Quote Originally Posted by basildonbond1946 View Post
    If I was the OP I would have switched off completely and looked elsewhere for information.Things are not helped by petty bickering between contributors this is not a forum for scoring points off each other.if you cant contributeicon any thing useful dont
    I think incorrect information can be very dangerous. Iím not comfortable letting it lie unchallenged.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Thread now closed until the OP returns with further information....ITPR Please PM the Site Team when your ready to open the thread.

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details