Amazon Seller faulty goods non-refund

Cadburyrose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I purchased two baby pushchairs on Amazon from two separate retailers last March 2017.

Both prams developed faults after 6 months, which was documented in emails to the manufacturer Cosatto, who told me each time how I could make the repairs myself.

I didn´t make the repairs as, after subsequent faults appearing, I went back to the retailers on Amazon (Babyland Fife Ltd and Online4Baby, who say after 4 months they are no longer liable for the warranty or a refund, and that I have to take it up with the manufacturer.

The man. (Cosatto) say explicitly, that they have nothing to do with it, it´s a transaction between me and the seller.

I have been going round in circles about this between the retailer and Amazon since May 23rd.

Finally, Amazon said they could do nothing as the products are older than 120 days. What is the best thing to do please?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Its the retailers problem under cra no ifs or buts

Warranty means nothing

Does not remove or overwrite your statutory rights under cra

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No you cant demand anything

Under cra you have to get a report done on faults outside of 6mts

I will surmise that the info you have from the manu is good enough to meet that

So send that with a request under cra for them the retailer to repaire the items FOC .

They have one go

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh I see.

I don´t want the items repaired.

I don´t want these items any longer in my possession,

they're so badly made that repairing them won´t stop them from falling apart again in another area.

I would like a full refund as have had enough of both products and wouldn't´ trust a new one from that same manufacturer.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

You should give them an opportunity to repair. You can be certain that they will either refuse or they won't reply. I suggest that you given the opportunity to repair in a letter before claim. Given 14 days for a refund or a repair to be carried out within seven days and if not you will sue

Makes no real odds as purchased in the uk

But if they have to be returned i wouldn't expect them to cough to get them to them

and they

Not if you are not in the uk

Cost you more to travel to court than the products

Think youve got to be realistic here

If you and the products are unlikely to be back in the uk in the comings months

Then your best bet might be to resit your notions and get on with the repairs yourself as they originally advised you

Dx

and they

Yes I see. Only the repairs are many, on both products, so this would cost more to repair and keep repairing and buy replacement parts for child safety equipment that shouldn´t be tampered with - than sending both products back.

Your call then

You shouldnt have buy any parts mind IMHO

Why not offer an olive branch..

They send you the parts FOC to you

You fit them?

and they

• 1 month later...

I have a question

- both prams are with the manufacturer and they are saying that pram01 shows no faults, even though, everyone that has had to use it, has complained there is a suspension problem as pram dips down to the left when you push. Manufacturer says they can´t find anything wrong.

Pram02 is repairable and therefore not deemed as having a fault.

What happens when the customer (me) is so fed up with the products from this manufacturer, they don´t want them returned for fear of future breakages and problems, as has so far been the case?

Also, do I have statutory rights in this case, for returning the products finally and not having to accept a repair?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

consummate refund with regard to the time you've own each one.

and they

there will be some reduction because you've owned/used them.

and they

Hello again,

I am once again being stalled by the manufacturer.

They are in possession of both prams02 and 03 and are saying that neither are faulty and therefore want to return them to me, repaired, and not to the sellers.

I can only request a refund if the manufacturer agrees that there is a manufacturing fault and issues this confirmation to the two separate sellers.

As they are refusing to do this, what can I do?

I have summarised the list of faults and registered email complaints I´ve had with the manufacturer since 2017,

but they just ignore this:

On the 10th July 2017, I emailed manufacturer (which is where the 4 year product warranties are held) with photographs, as the front, right side of the chassis fell off first pram as I was pushing 9 month old child down the street. Man. told me to bin that pram and they sent a new one. OK.

On the 11th September 2017 I emailed Cosatto about a problem we were having with the suspension on the left hand side of pram02

Between this date and July 2018 collection of pram02 and pram03 by the manufacturer, I was bounced around between Cosatto, Amazon and the Amazon sellers.

On the 16th and 19th of March 2018 respectively, I had to email again as neither of our children fit into the foot bags provided with the strollers 02+03, the zips split or wouldnt close as too small, even though, at 1 and 2 years old they should have done according to manufacturer´s product specs.

I also notified that both children were sliding off their seats, regardless of how tightly they were belted in, or whether or not the footrest was raised or lowered.

This conversation continued until the 4th May 2018, when the seat function on pram03 stopped working completely and wouldnt stay up.

On the 28.06.2018, Cosatto assured me on the telephone, that after both prams had been collected, they would assess the faults and then tell the retailers (Babyland Fife and Online4baby), that the products were faulty.

This is now no longer the case, so I don´t know what to do. I´ve had to get a new pram as don´t have one at all now, and I don´t want any Cosatto prams back again ever.

Can Pram02+03 not be deemed faulty because they don´t perform the function they are being sold to do and therefore are not fit for their purpose?

If the products are made to "industry standard" and then don´t fit for some people, is that just tough or is that an argument for the product not doing its job?

And does the list of complaints about the products not constitute the products being of poor quality, which also falls under the fit for purpose/satisfactory quality category?

Ugh.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I can only request a refund if the manufacturer agrees that there is a manufacturing fault and issues this confirmation to the two separate sellers.

As they are refusing to do this, what can I do?

Load of cobbrers!!

and they

cant see anything about that under CRA..

how did you pay amazon for all these ?

cant you just say stuff it and do a chargeback on each purchase via visa?

and they