Capital One recording account thats not mine.

Luco19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently had a problem where a default judgement was made against me, because the creditor who had my current address decided that since I wasn't replying to their letters (despite my letter on file saying I would not be corresponding with them further!) I must have moved. They then asked a Credit Reference Agency (CallCredit I believe) to do a search of possible addresses. The Credit Reference Agency decided that because I had a financial link to a different address (my wife and I own it and have a mortgage on it), that must be my residential address despite me having lived at two addresses (both on my credit history) since then and no evidence that we had moved back. Now of course it was up to the creditor to decide whether or not the information was accurate, but it was the credit agency that steered them in that direction.

Is it only one Credit Reference Agency you are having trouble with or all of them? Have you contacted them and put restrictions on the use of your data or asked them to delete your data entirely?

In the past ive had this problem with all 3 agencies.

This recent bout of mistakes are with Experian and call credit.

Experian knew that the linked addresses were wrong but refused to remove the links even though the company (O2) had removed the accounts because they had put them there in error.

Call credit added 11 accounts that were not mine either CCJs/Defaults or accounts in arrears, they also changed my name on my electoral roll and i have had many of email over the past few months trying to sort this. They state my electoral roll entry had changed because the majority of the accounts on my credit file had the middle name (not my accounts/Dont have middle name).

All credit files are currently clear due to data being suppressed but i have been warned they could reappear at any time. Just adding to the stress and anxiety of when they are going to be added again, which could come at the wrong time if i apply for credit or remortgage etc.

I am still having this other persons searches being carried out on my files and because my file is now clear he will probably be granted more credit. For whatever reason his files dont seem to be getting searched because if they were there is no way in a million years he would get credit.

• 3 months later...