Parking Eye ANPR PCN - double dipping - Aldi carpark Aldi,Gillingham, ME7 4JS. **cancelled by PE**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all, 1st time posting here.

On Friday we have received one of the notorious parking eye letter indicating we overstayed in an Aldi carpark Gillingham from 6:10pm on the 14th June until 7:10am the following morning.

It is a classic case of double dipping,

with their ANPR missing both the 1st exit at approx. 6:30pm, and the 2nd entry at approx. 7:05am on the 15th, but no way of proving this.

All suggestions welcome.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Apologies it should be Aldi.

1 Date of the infringement 14th-15th June 2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Will update this evening, don't have letter to hand

3 Date received 22nd June 2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?]

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes photos showing entry and exit

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] Not yet no

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Aldi,Gillingham, ME7 4JS

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE I believe Parking Eye operate under BPA

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

Edited by dx100uk
format

This is a classic case of Parking Eye and their 19 point checks failing yet again. The system registers the time of one entry but fails to detect you leaving and then you go back to the store and it fails to register the second visit. If you didn't go back a second time, the cameras must have been faulty.

I would complain to ALDI first but as for appealing the charge, I would go for it but also complain to PE that their systems are not good enough.

As for proof of being elsewhere, do you have a dash cam? Did you visit other shops?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Yes, complaint to Aldi about PE's lack of quality control and even a lack of common sense as it would have been clear to anyone working at the store there wasnt a car parked there with you waiting to get out of the car park when they arrived to unlock.

you ask them to get this cancelled and if they cant or wont could they send you the CCTV from the store's cameras as a SAR for your personal data.

As you were supposed to be there all night you would like to see the full 12.5 hours worth of footage from every camera suitably redacted so that other peoples faces are obscured

they cant really refuse but as it will be an enormous imposition they will decide that cancelling can be done.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

And they don't have 12.5 hours of footage....

Its a motion activated cameras on the entrance and exit.

Aldi wont mix and match different cctv systems as its two diff company's.

Classic double dipping from parking eye. They always seem to have pictures missing.

Cause a stink with Aldi. Normally aldi will tell them to withdraw the speculative invoice

just to be clear, I was suggesting that you ask Aldi for 12.5 hours worth of almost useless footage from each of their cameras.

if you are supposed to be there for that time you would appear on their camears and some poor sod will have to spend about a fortnight non stop just staring at the footage in the hope of spotting you.

that will cost Aldi about £600 in staff costs alone hence then rethinking the idea of not being helpful.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Apologies for the delay, problems with scanner, but finally managed to sort out the modified Parking Eye letter, hopefully attached.

Thank you for the advise so far. We will get the letter to Aldi done to request the CCTV.

Unfortunately we don't have dashcam, but is it possible for journey information to be pulled off Sat Nav?

Parking.pdf

Edited by MadScouser
Additional Info

yes you can normally get data off a sat nav

what is it?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Just an update, as this is still ongoing.

We sent the letter below to Aldi, but have not had a response from them:-

`I have received a speculative invoice from your parking team, Parking Eye, for an overstay of my car in your Gillingham Aldi, ME7 4JS. The speculative invoice indicates my car was parked there for 13 hours between the 14th and 15th June.I categorically deny this to be the case, and demand that you get Parking Eye to cancel their invoice.The car would have been in the location on 2 occasions once on the 14th and once on the 15th, unfortunately Parking Eyes systems are not fit for purpose.

If you will not do this, I ask that you provide me with the CCTV of your car parks for the whole period my car is alleged to have been in the car park, so I can prove to Parking Eye my car was not where they claim it to be. This type of practice by Parking Eye is well known on the internet, commonly known double dipping where the 1st exit, and 2nd entry is not picked up by their inept system.Given that if they used better systems they would not get any money, they have no reason to get a system that works.`

We have now received the attached letter from Parking Eye, not sure how to convert to 1 doc.

I am tempted to write again to Aldi highlighting they have not yet responded, and we are still being chased but also write to Parking Eye asking them for the full CCTV from the period, enclosing the letter to their employers above. Is this the right tactics or should we be doing more?

Parking Eye Pg1.pdf

Parking Eye Pg2.pdf

Just to confirm the letter was sent to the local Aldi,

I assume the SAR/GPDR would need to go to the head office?

Does anyone has an address for them if so.

Also just to check, never done a SAR/GPDR previously, is there an amount payable under GPDR, I know SAR was £10.

Also would you send a letter to Parking Eye saying we are dealing with their employers, and have requested a GPDR from them?

Sar is free click the link

Their address is on the pcn/ntk

and they

I think MadScouser meant Aldi's HO address dx, not ParkingLie's.

Aldi

Holly Lane

ATHERSTONE

Warwickshire

CV9 2SQ

Strictly speaking, under GDPR your SAR can go to any part of the organisation and it must be treated as valid and be dealt with. But it's probably best to send it to the head office as a lot of companies still don't have the first clue about how to deal with SAR's under the new regulations.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

head office aldi

and they

Hi

Can I beg to differ.

As far as I am aware (and visited Aldi on a few occasions) the only cameras in the car park belong to the parking company and as such any SAR would normally go to them. I have seen inside Aldi stores their own security cameras and if a SAR was sent to them, they may be able to show you arriving and leaving twice.

Just a thought.

Also, having just checked on the Kent County Council Planning Portal, I can find nothing regarding the erection of cameras nor any signage on the site. I also checked to see if Aldi had done any but couldn't find them either so if PE do try it on, I would be asking for the planning permissions for this site. If they don't have permission, any resulting charges are not binding on anyone.

look, this has little to do with Aldi as it isnt their cameras and they ahvent issued the demand. Aldi can ask PE to cancel it but often their contract doesnt even allow them to force PE to stop being chumps. NOw SAR PE and tell them the times of the 2 events so they can have a damned good look and then they may well realise that they are going to look stupid.

So Aldi first for your complaint and then PE of Aldi refuse to help