• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HMRC Tax credits compliance letter partner

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi please please can someone help.

I am at the moment feeling like I’m having a heart attack with actual panick attacks.

I am in the wrong from what I can tell and I have read.

Let me point out that 25 years ago I pleaded guilty to false representation for income support when I opened a business and didn’t go down the employments support start up route (dont know the correct name) but two dates and I pleaded guilty.

Since then I have always stuck to the rules!!

I claimed previously with my useless ex husband and then removed him when we separated.

I then had my business and claimed single everything was fine!

I took in a lodger he claimed housing benefits that was above board then he moved in above my business again above board.

We did see each other on and off!

I had to go bankrupt In 201 1due to ex and could not get bank account so the lodger/tenant got me a business account (registered at my address) as my business and he opened a savings account for me to use as I wasn’t allowed one my TC and CTC went into it.

Then we started seeing each other and opened a joint account in 2014 (he was still in my flat) but account registered at my home address.

Mainly as he had lodged there and had not changed post and also as I was using it.

We split up again in 2015 and he was still at my flat till June (have bills and council tax letters confirming he was there till then) when I got rid of the flat and business. He then moved into my caravan and I used the rent to help me through university to change my life.

In 2016 we started a proper go at things and I changed my name by deed poll to his before qualifying from my degree as didn’t want it in ex name.

In jan 17 I declared in writing to TC that he had moved in

provided his last 3 months wage slips and his NI and dob and he signed as well.

I didn’t think anything more of it as money went down the same as it went down when I notified them of my first full time employment after uni.

It further went down when I changed jobs again everytime I wrote to them.

I wrote to them 31 May 18’and told them son had left full time education expecting it to stop.

Last week I got a compliance letter asking if I knew my partner which of course I do.

I then started to panic.

I am terrible with the renewal notices I just don’t bother opening them (stupid I know)

I just check what’s gone into my account to see if changes have been made.

They have asked for information for 3 months 6/4/17 to 6/7/17 which I have and shows him with me as you would expect.

I then rang them as I noticed money for ct was still being paid.

I mentioned the letter they said they had not received it yet had seen the online notification (child benefit) I did on the day I got the compliance letter from them.

Even so not actioned that either as I had been paid.

I asked about all the other letters I sent and she said hadn’t received any!!!

Now I know what it sounds like but I sent them!

I don’t know what to do.

I am scared they will accuse me of fraud when that has never been my intentions.

I don’t know what to do.

Do I send them the copy letter which I have about jan 17

- we finally decided to move in properly as I had my first full time job after uni and had completed my 3 months probation period.

I am frightened they will send me to prison.

I am happy to pay any backdated money.

I haven’t signed this years declaration as when I finally opened it I saw they did have my income correct which again I had notified them of but they didn’t have partner listed.

What do I do.

I want to be honest but frightened if I send the copy letter they will go back further and not believe the complicated on off relationship and friendship we have had.

Will they only look at the 3 months they have asked for.

If I am prosecuted I will lose my job and will never be able to work in the field.

I can’t talk to my boss or my family.

it’s taken me years to turn my life around.

Sorry for long post but I’m at the end of my tether.

Please help I’m in such a bad way

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

firstly

send them a free sar

make them prove their accusations

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hmrc-subject-access-request

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When I said I rang

I rang normal line not compliance number

I’m too scared to ring them.

The woman was rude and blunt as you would expect but I did say that the other matter I would deal direct with compliance.

Additionally do I just say the declaration is wrong?

My problem with that is I don’t want to lie when he moved in.

Please someone help.

as post 2 gather the info first

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much for replying.

Sorry what will this do?

They haven’t made an accusation they have just asked who he is.

And all the bank etc details which are joint except the mortgage some bills.

I have a letter from student finance in 17 where I tried to change my name

- they wanted the deed poll which I have but I do have the letter to prove I was notifying people.

I don’t want to annoy them and I only have till 13tj July

- I do have him living here and we are a couple although I did tell them.

The letter is the further information letter asking for bank statements bills car ins mortgage rent divorce stuff etc.

Also know the compliance check probably started as he set up a credit agency as we are selling my house to buy a new one together.

We know that if they do a complete check they will find everything they need to support a full

he set up a credit agency

?????

and they

if either of you have defaults on your credit file you wont get a mortgage.

an sar via that link is a legal right

it will legally force them to produce the evidence they have [and do not have] to further their claim.

it could be invaluable upon the outcome here

and they

I have been checking my credit since the BR and got a mortgage approved in principle he was just checking his before making an application with me.

Surely regardless I have to produce the evidence which I can but it will support what they are saying and I’m not denying it just that they don’t seem to have registered it.

Do you think that there is more to it than just the information request.

The letter has HRR 18 on it as a reference?

Plus like I said I have not made the declaration for the short period they are asking for.

Also will it not take longer to get this info than the deadline of 13 July?

Thank you so much for responding I am sick with worry Dr has put me in diazepam to calm me down.

who is setting 'a 13th july' deadline?

and they

The compliance information letter states I must produce bank statements for the period 6/4/17-6/7/17 as well as bills insurance letters mortgage/rent etc by 13 July or will stop claim which tbh was why I wrote again on 31 May to say son left education and claim is stopped.

The annual Declaration (unsigned) covers the period they are asking for so not signed that either.

But the information they are requesting I send by 13tj July.

who has sent this compliance letter?

and they

HMRC tax credit office compliance C.

I am so frightened I have woken up this morning crying again thinking I’m not going to see my daughter graduate next year and be in prison. This will kill my elderly parents.

As it is compliance you can calm down as they will not be looking at prosecuting you.

They want the information to ensure that claim is correct and make any necessary amendments to when it should have been a joint or single claim.

Any information you at this stage cannot be used criminally unless you have been cautioned to that effect, it is purely a fact finding operation.

You and your partner appear to have been data matched via credit reference agencies as living as a couple which has been flagged to the HMRC who is looking into it.

Thank you for your kind reply.

I was under the impression that all evidence can be gathered and used in court hence they produce the declarations as evidence.

If this is so what do I do

- the information indeed confirms what they are asking and I have a letter I sent (all be it they say they never received it)

the letter states 1 jan 17 which was before the period they are asking for now.

I’m so scared I don’t know what to do.

I’m not sleeping and can’t function in my job through fear.

I know I’m thinking unhealthy thoughts but I don’t see what I am meant to do.

I’m so so scared I have not done anything intentionally wrong other than I don’t read the declarations I admit and I just say everything is the same on the phone.

That’s just laziness and my own fault. But I really don’t know how to respond to the request.

Please help.

stop panicking

nothing to be scared or worried about

read post 14 carefully...……….

and they

Any information you at this stage cannot be used criminally unless you have been cautioned to that effect, it is purely a fact finding operation.

and they

The rules of evidence don’t say that’s the case....that’s why I’m worried??

Any information you give from your initial claim can be used ito build a case for evidence surely in the respect that is how they prove you have fraudulently declared.

What about SAR?

And any advice how I declare..

.dont just day yes to the period they are asking about or disclose the letter that I sent saying from the new year?

As the new year shows it went into the previous year and the declaration which incidentally I don’t know how I did it.

I also don’t know how to make the declaration they want as well this year given it is wrong

I want to get it out of the way.

And I’m trying to work out if I need to quit my job now before my boss finds out.

you tell the truth

you send that free sar.

you do NOT need to quit work.

it cannot be used as evidence.

its their mistake

stop panicking...…..

and they

Sorry to be a pain.

..one minute I’m calm and want to ring the next I can’t breath I’m shaking and scared...

Ok so won’t the SAR look like I’m guilty and pee them off?

They say they didn’t receive the letter?

And I didn’t check the letters I just looked at the money had gone down.

Won’t they ask for dates when he moved in?

Won’t they think because of my past it was intentional even though it was 25 years ago?

Sorry I’m just really scared .

Thank you for answering.

I’m thinking of ringing normal (non compliance line) to check they have cancelled the claim after son left education as they hadn’t last week and they said they didn’t have my letter but did admit they had confirmation I had stopped child benefit but they still put money in my bank

Sorry to be a pain.

..one minute I’m calm and want to ring the next I can’t breath I’m shaking and scared...

Ok so won’t the SAR look like I’m guilty and pee them off? no its a legal right

They say they didn’t receive the letter?

And I didn’t check the letters I just looked at the money had gone down.

Won’t they ask for dates when he moved in? poss but you check their info first via the sar!!

Won’t they think because of my past it was intentional even though it was 25 years ago? - nope they cant they can think what they like but with holding written proof...

Sorry I’m just really scared . nothing to be scared off totally....

Thank you for answering.

I’m thinking of ringing normal (non compliance line) to check they have cancelled the claim after son left education as they hadn’t last week and they said they didn’t have my letter but did admit they had confirmation I had stopped child benefit but they still put money in my bank

no await the sar details

and they

No a SAR or DSAR as I think they call them now will not make you look guilty or pee them off,

it's your legal right under the freedom of information act and the newer General Data Protection Regulations.

The compliance letters they send are standard letters used to scare people.

I also missed off provide in my post, so it should say "Any information you provide at this stage cannot be used criminally unless you have been cautioned to that effect, it is purely a fact finding operation."

If they were looking at you criminally so to speak an Investigations Officer from the Counter Fraud and Compliance Directorate (previously Fraud and Error Service) of the DWP would be investigating you and you would have been invited to attend an interview under caution as these investigations fall under the Single Fraud Investigation Service.

They are not allowed to get you to incriminate yourself i.e. request information regarding the relationship and then use it as evidence in a court of law, unless they have cautioned you first, regardless of any past issues.

The compliance team just want to put the claim right and create any over-payment if applicable to the claim.

Edited by dx100uk
quote spacing

Can I ask and I don’t mean to sound rude

- what is your experience and how do you know?

. I have spent 6 years studying and I was so excited to get my job everything tells me to be honest to get the best result of no custodial

. I thought and have been trained to believe that it all can be used and brought as evident although I say I am still in training

. I’m probably looking too deep or so my partner says but I’m thinking POCA (lose my home) and thinking they will think I have lied

. I’m frightened to do the SAR incase they think I’m trying to be defensive

. And I’m frightened to say jan 17 even though I told them but they have told me they haven’t got that info

- I don’t know how to respond (want to call not write)

- I know it’s in my favour if they pay me again on Thursday as I have written 31/5 (they say haven’t got it ) and I have done it online with child benefit (they have said they have this one funny enough) in regards to my son leaving school and my claim should now always be over

- so if they pay me again they are demonstrating they are not actioning data.

Please help I had to fight so hard to get to where I am and I am so scared

Edited by dx100uk
spacing