style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hoping someone can help me.

I'm trying to get a copy of the EICR that was carried out on my rented property last month. I am aware that as a lowly tenant I don't have a right to be in the know about this stuff, but don't see why I can't have access to a copy.

I've tried emailing 3 different departments of my estate agents, only the first [local branch] replied saying they don't have access to it.

Is there some kind of phrase to get them to take me seriously? I'm rubbish at the technical aspects and they keep brushing aside concerns I have.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes, have seen this info before. Sadly, there is no law to regulate this. I've been down the council route, but as long as my landlord/estate agent is SEEN to be making a move to address the faults, they say there's nothing they can do

is the cooker 13 amp or on its own 30 breaker and hard wired?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is the cooker 13 amp or on its own 30 breaker and hard wired?

The single oven/grill is 13 amp. all sockets [up and downstairs] are on the same switch in new fuse box. The ancient hob has it's own red 'cooker' switch - I assume this is the same as hard wired with 30 breaker

So you have single oven grill and an old hob..?

So which caused the trip?

The old hob via its 30a hard wired hob will not be via a trip switch

So it was the oven/grill....doing it

I'd expect it will be a simple earthing fault

When a trip goes its because of a flow between earth and neutral

The trip should be a 30ma one not 10ma one

Bet thats the fault...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...
A new consumer unit was installed and this caused the oven to cut the fuses after 3 minutes of use.

If a record of the performed EICR is supposed to be on the site you linked - it isn't :???:

Firstly if a new consumer unit has been installed Then there should be an E.I.C not an E.I.C.R.

Secondly the new consumer unit is classed as Notifiable work under part P of the building regulations and recorded with the local Authority building control, unless its been fitted by a mate of a mate or a man down the pub.

Instead of running around in circles I would suggest that you do a google search on Planning and building control in the area you live, usually planning portal type your address in the search for building control and it will list the Notifiable works that have been complied with ie notification of works to building control. If non are there then I would suspect that the work has been carried out by a non CPS member which is against Part P.

On to the issue that might be causing the problem... I would suggest that the issue lies with the hob... And I would bet on that it is a solid steel ring hob these ave caught many electricians out in the past when changing consumer units has they have their inherant faults when swaping from rewireable fuses to modern RCD MCBs

The Next point is who owns the oven/hob If the landlord then they have a duty under the E.W.R 1989 electricity at work regulations..... To ensure that they are fit , proper and safe.

Don't be fooled by the at work bit... This applies to rented Accomodation as that is designated as their work.

HTH