o2 default notice/disconnection what are my options

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a mobile account with o2, my bill is late by 1 1/2 months at this point as ive had a few financial issues this month.

I am expecting a bit of a cash boost into my account this week due to selling a few items and the money being transferred via paypal. I expect to have it in my account by monday.

However in the space of this month 1/2 I havnt paid my bill

ive had a disconnection notice last week on the Thursday saying the account had been disconnected but if action is taken that can be reversed if the monies owed are paid,

thats happened slightly fast (because its not as if ive gone `months` without paying and I have in fact been in contact with o2 to explain my situation already via livechat and was assured a note would be placed on my account to expect payment soon) but I can sort it on monday when ive got the money and all will go back to normal.

However yesterday saturday I recieved a default notice saying they now expect payment of all monies owed for the contract in a single payment! within only 3 days of getting the letter saying I could remedy the situation if I paid the balance owed! 3 days!

what are my options here,

I want to pay off what I owe and have the number reconnected on monday when I have the funds,

does this default notice mean I cant do this now???

is it even legal to go about things this fast?

I think the default letter to arrive saturday must have been sent the same day or next day even after the letter I received saying I could still remedy the situation! and as I said ive not even missed 2 payment dates on the account, as well as the fact that ive been in touch with them and been assured notes were put on my account to explain my late payment and the fact payment would be upcoming (this obviously didnt happen)

I am fuming to be honest,

yes my payment is late but its not stupidly late,

I havent gone months and months without paying and Im literally a day away from being able to pay off everything I owe and proceed with the account as normal anyway!

Not to mention the fact they tell me I still have time to make a payment to reverse the disconnection and then the very same or next day they send me a letter saying thats now to late!

so what are my options here?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Scan up the DN

Read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Scan up the DN

Read upload

I dont have it to hand atm, posting via mobile.

Is there anything I can do in this situation?

I will literally have the funds to pay off all the arrears on the account tomorrow,

are o2 likely to accept that and reconnect the account,

I even have enough to pay next months bill in advance if theyd like it,

what if I offered that?

If you speak to them over the phone - Their finance team usually can set up a PRomise to Pay - It will probably stop all of this or make it better! :)

Thats depending how far the account is down the collections route.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread