Shergroup HCEO - unknown school fees CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would massively appreciate your advice and am new on here so please bear with me.

I had a CCJ registered against my name in March but as I have no income or own nothing and have medical issues the court stated that although the judgement was ruled there was no timescale for enforcement. Role on three months later and whilst I was out my son phoned me and said there was a strange man at the door who I later found out was a High Court Enforcement Officer.

There were two minors in the house at the time yet he sat in his car at the end of the drive for over an hour and my kids were very scared.

I stay in the house part time and do not own it - it is owned by an ex partner and I stay over so he can see his children. I own nothing,do not work or own any property.

I had no notification that this person was attending the house and no correspondence at all that this had be transferred now to the high court. The ccj including costs was £870. Then this person turns up with a form now demanding £1900.!!!!

I spoke to him on the phone as I was very fearful my children were inside and he was causing great upset & he said I didn’t need to be there and he could gain entry if he wanted by breaking in and calling the police - again worried sick.

Eventually he left saying he would return Monday as he was being nice not to break in because I was questionably vulnerable. But he said to be classed as properly vulnerable I need to be terminally ill. He said it doesn’t matter if the house isn’t mine he can still break in and it if I don’t own a car but am insured on it he can take it.

I do have severe mental health issues and I’m petrified so your help is appreciated

Edited by fkofilee
Spacing Added

Bailiff is trying to bluff you. Sit tight and relax. The regulars will be around soon to help.

Meanwhile can you post more Info on the ccj please

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Do you happen to know what company he was with? Please read our customer services guide and install call recorder for next time.

Ccj for debt incurred for 2 month notice of school place after my child left school. They took it to court for £3900 but it was dismissed bar £550 and costs hence the figure arrived at

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...thread title amended.

Please continue to post here to your thread.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Bet this is harwoods/redwoods?

And you dont owe the school fees anyway

So youve moved of recent too!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

He cannot break in unless he has been let in previously and taken control of goods. Usual bullying tactic, is civil so deffo no right of forced entry.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They can't take a car that isn't registered to you either.

Not quite true. They can if you own it (it doesn't need to be registered to you). They can't (or at least, shouldn't) if it's owned by someone else.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Ok recorder installed now thank you - company is Shergroup

You should have received a letter from them entitled Notice of Enforcement giving 7 clear days to make contact before any visit. Have you received this and if so do you still have the envelope it came in? When was the last time you moved?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also if I borrow costs for ccj and pay it directly to school are they still allowed to collect the fees they are trying to add?

If Creditor accepts payment and does not pass it on to Enforcement Co they become liable for all fees.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"He said it doesn’t matter if the house isn’t mine he can still break in and it if I don’t own a car but am insured on it he can take it."

Ah the EA is trying the "Beneficial Interest" card regarding the car, he's up the creek with that one as well Shergroup are noted for ineptitude and botched enforcements.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a CCJ registered against my name in March but as I have no income or own nothing and have medical issues the court stated that although the judgement was ruled there was no timescale for enforcement.

There were two minors in the house at the time yet he sat in his car at the end of the drive for over an hour and my kids were very scared.

I stay in the house part time and do not own it - it is owned by an ex partner and I stay over so he can see his children. I own nothing, do not work or own any property.

The ccj including costs was £870. Then this person turns up with a form now demanding £1900.!!!!

He said I didn’t need to be there and he could gain entry if he wanted by breaking in and calling the police - again worried sick.

Eventually he left saying he would return Monday as he was being nice not to break in because I was questionably vulnerable. But he said to be classed as properly vulnerable I need to be terminally ill.

I do have severe mental health issues and I’m petrified so your help is appreciated

Despite what the court may have said, the creditor clearly wants their money and they have taken the route of transferring their writ of control to a High Court Enforcement company to collect.

I will first address the myths:

The agent is speaking complete nonsense when he claims that you need to be 'terminally ill' to be classed as vulnerable.

It is also a myth that he can force entry into the property. This is a civil debt.....and you are not trading as a company. There is no right to force entry.

It is also a myth that an enforcement agent cannot come into a property where there are minors present. As long as there is an adult present, and the agent gains 'peaceful entry' into the property he is not breaking the law.

It is also a myth that the enforcement agent fees can be approx £1,100. The agent made an initial visit and the fees for that visit should have been in the region of £190.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1/schedule/made

I would suggest that you write to Shergroup and outline your 'vulnerability' and provide some evidence (doctors letter etc).