Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    steve806 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2006

Default CPM ANPR PCN - car park full claim... Brighton MET College

Hi All

In May I visited Brighton and went to park at the MET College as I had done many time before.

However, instead of the college managing the car park it was now managed by CPM.

The essential difference being that you used to pay in cash but now you have to pay over the phone to Just Park (not that you could tell how much as no signs showed the tarrif).

After parking in the half full car park I saw a number of people in discussion in the middle of the car park.

I approached and asked what was going on and they advised that they were all trying to call Just Park to pay for parking and kept being told the car park was full .

After much discussion everyone agreed we would park and leave a note on our cars advising we had tried to pay and would be happy to pay if contacted.

A week later I received a PCN for not buying a ticket.
    I had wrongly assumed the site would have a parking warden but of course the ticket was issued based on photographing my car on entry and exit so my note was never seen.

I appealed the PCN based on the message saying the car park was full and requested they review their tickets for the afternoon as there would be an above average number of tickets issued due to the other people who also left messages.

Today I have received a lettericon rejecting my appeal on the basis that the car park was full as other people had paid in advance for the spaces so by parking I was obstructing other drivers from using their designated areas.

It says I should have refrained from parking and contacted CPM for advice.

I repeat the car park was half full when I arrived and almost empty when I returned to my car.

The recorded message did not explain why the car park would be full and I dont recall adequate signage explaining this in the car park.

Can anyone give any advice on how I might appeal to the IAS?

thanks

Steve

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: CPM ANPR PCN - car park full claim... Brighton MET College

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Default Re: CPM ANPR PCN - car park full claim... Brighton MET College

Title updated

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

you dont appeal to the IAS, it is a waste of time for reasons given in many places.

We need to see the signage in the car park but i suspect that the difference between their system and reality means that they arent actually offering you terms that can be properly read and considered at the time so therefore not a contract that is enforceable under the 2015 Consumer Rights Acticon.

Do not take these people too seriously, they arent honest brokers.

Basic Account Holder
    steve806 Novitiate

Hi All

For personal reasons I have not been able to deal with this earlier.

this is the original letter from CPM and response to my appeal. In the text of this post is my appeal. I will be posting photos of signage later today.

Any advice appreciated.

Dear Sir/Madam
    I write to appeal PCN XXXXX for Vehicle Registration XXXXX on Saturday XX April 2018.
    On the 21st April 2018 I entered the car park at XXXX.
    After parking I attempted to pay using your telephone number but your system stated the car park was full and would not allow me to make a payment.
    The car park was not full and there were many empty spaces.

A number of other people were gathered in the car park attempting to pay when I arrived.

I and a number of other drivers left notes in our windscreens explaining that we had attempted to purchase a parking ticket but had been unable to do so.

I would request that you review both your system for the date concerned and the above average number of PCN’s that will have been issued as a result of your system failure which will support my statement.

I would hope that given the circumstances I have outlined UK Car Park Management will recognise that my failure to purchase a ticket is as a consequence of a failure in your payment system and cancel this PCN.

I look forward to your response.

Attached Files

Shame you identified yourself as the driver!
    Shot yourself in the foot there

Link in post 2 please

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

so now you do nothing and wait for them to do their worst.

You don't say why you were there, if invited by anyone at Brighton MET then you have a solid reason as to why none of their silly demands apply to you anyway and that is called superiority of contract.

Basic Account Holder
    steve806 Novitiate

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement[s] 21st April 2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 2nd May 2018

3 Date received 7th May 2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] Y
    Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Y

7 Who is the parking company? UK Car Park Management

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Brighton Met College, Brighton

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

Signage photos below:

Attached Images

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

It's a shame that this was ever appealed at all. It arrived out of time to create keeper liability. CPM had already stuffed themselves

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    steve806 Novitiate

Hi All

Can anyone offer advice on my next steps?

I have until Thursday to appeal to the IAS.

thanks

Steve

you don't bother.
    read post 7.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    steve806 Novitiate

today I have received a 'Formal Demand' which says payment is overdue and that if I do not pay within 28 days of the date of this notice the fee will rise from 100 to 149.

Of course the notice is dated 5th July and didn't arrive until 11th July so 6 days lost already.

Continue to ignoreicon?

you need to read like threads steve
    CAGicon is self help too
    cant see you've read any other threads related to your issue...

who's that from?

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Steve806, give me your address and I'll send you a "demand" for 50 million.

Whoever they are, they can demand what they want, it doesn't make it lawful or mean that they're going to be getting any of it.

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

you havent lost anything because you arent going to pay them,
    ask yourself what consumer crediticon agreement you signed that allows them to add this extra unicorn food tax?

Once you start to understand what is going on the sooner you will relax and take it all in your stride.
    yes, these companies do sue people but they lose when you point out all of the defiencies of their actions and claims.

This being a prime example of just making it up as they go along to scare you into paying them a higher sum than they can ever lawfully ask for because you may think it will go up again.

was it 100 in the first place?
    they made that up as well becuase the decision of PE v Beavis said that 80 want an "unconscionable amount"
    so they have shoved it along to 100 because at that level people still pay rather than lynching the parking attendant.

Quote Originally Posted by steve806 View Post
    today I have received a 'Formal Demand' which says payment is overdue and that if I do not pay within 28 days of the date of this notice the fee will rise from 100 to 149.

Of course the notice is dated 5th July and didn't arrive until 11th July so 6 days lost already.

Continue to ignoreicon?

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details