Paypal claiming £399 for an item I returned

SueDeNimes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully someone can help me with an issue I currently have with paypal.

I bought a bed online for £399 and paid with Paypal. When it arrived it wasn't as described. I followed the returns instructions on the seller's website which involved them organising collection of the bed. It went back to them and I received an email confirmation from them that they had received the bed back. They also said I would get a refund in 3-5 days.

The refund didn't show up and I raised a claim with Paypal. I explained in my claim that the item had already gone back to the seller and I had confirmation they had received it. Paypal took their time but eventually ruled in my favour. They then told me I had to return the item to the seller and paste the tracking info into the claim.

As I had already returned the item this was going to be a problem. I called Paypal and they told me that they couldn't accept an email from the seller confirming receipt of the item as proof it had gone back to them. They were going to send a message to the seller asking them to confirm they had received the bed back.

I have just received an email from Paypal telling me the claim has now been closed and awarded in the seller's favour. The transaction was "pay after delivery" and they will be taking payment of £399 on the 26th.

As things stand, I am now facing a charge of £399 on the 26th for something I don't have. I have confirmation in writing from the seller that they received it back. How should I deal with this?

Who is the seller and where are they?

And remove all payment methods from your PP account now for safety sakes

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And remove all payment methods from your PP account now for safety sakes

I have removed all the payment methods bar two.

1. A VISA card that I don't seem to hold any longer.

2. My bank account which it won't let me remove as "We're sorry, you can't remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later."

I have cancelled the DD instruction at the account in question.

Good well done!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...