SCS unable to deliver furniture into property? **resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a new 2 seater sofa and 2 chairs from SCS, the delivery turned up today and the delivery men were unable to get the furniture into the property.

They were useless couldn't speak much English and give up.

There is another attempt arranged to deliver tomorrow with a different crew, hopefully this crew will be more professional.

What I would like to know is what would happen if the second crew also fails to get the furniture into the property?

Could I request a refund?

I have never had problems before with getting furniture in and out of the property and that is with larger furniture i.e a 3 seater sofa.

How did you order the furniture? Online, or in the shop?

use to happen a lot small items like 2 seatter then front door but narrow turn into front room cannot be made, removal men leave and I use to get sent out to take the window out and pass thru the window space and refit window, did not take much brains to work out,some delivery men these days just dump goods and in most cases are foreign origins and play on their so called not understand - liers/

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

How is it the company's or delivery drivers fault that you ordered an item that physically cannot be put inside your home?

Should scs pay for say a window to be removed and put back?

But I do agree that sometimes they use it as an excuse

How is it the company's or delivery drivers fault that you ordered an item that physically cannot be put inside your home?

Should scs pay for say a window to be removed and put back?

But I do agree that sometimes they use it as an excuse

The fault is with the delivery drivers. The crew that were sent did not have a clue and did not realise that the sofa had to be put upright and then revolved around the door frame. I tried to make them understand but they were foreign and could not speak English very well.

In that case I'm afraid your cancellation opportunities are going to be limited by their terms and conditions – and not by any consumer protection regulations. You have entered into an "on-premises" contract.

On the SCS website, they say that their terms and conditions are contained on the back of the invoice. Is this correct? Does it give you any cancellation rights at all? Maybe they offer you some cancellation but subject to a restocking fee. This would be quite normal.

Also I have to say here that your own post and also a subsequent post have made references to the fact that the delivery crew could not speak English and were foreign – et cetera. I don't see that that is at all relevant. There are loads of indigenous English people who are perfectly capable of doing a poor job as well.

I'm not sure those kind of comments are necessary and they aren't welcome on this forum

No objections with foreign crew.

The problem is that they could not understand what I was saying and how the previous furniture was put in place by a different crew.

Edited by dx100uk

Many moons ago I worked for DFS as an assistant sales manager and we used to come up against this on occasion.

I’d suggest that you check the terms and conditions of sale which will almost certainly place ultimate responsibility for access to the property on the purchaser. This is simply because the company hasn’t surveyed your property to be able to determine if the furniture can be brought into the room you intend to have it in.

See if the second delivery crew are able to get it in, fingers crossed, and take it from there. As someone mentioned above there’s perhaps the option of getting a glazier to take the window out and pass it through there or an upholsterer to partially dismantle the furniture to make it easier to pass through the space.

• Confused 1

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Thank you for your information which is very useful.

Hopefully the second crew will be able to get the furniture in. In the event that the furniture still cannot be put into the property, what is the normal procedure?

Do these companies just leave the furniture outside?

or return the furniture and offer a refund or a credit note?

Edited by dx100uk

you are responsible for the event of delivery and attain good entry, most if all sales invoices inform you that it is your responsibility to ensure access available, if they want to loose time/wages/money is up to them, if they refund or even partial ! but arrangements by you to ensure a standby glazier etc would be relevant, if 2nd crew do it with no problem then you have redress against the company!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...