employers financial reports

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is the correct section to post in,but could only find this to be the nearest to my question.Mods,please move it if needed.

Basically,the workers rejected the company pay offer,and were balloted for industrial action.The management imposed the wage rise and included it in each persons wage this week,going against Union protocol.

I have a copy of the companys financial report covering the last 5 years.Would it be illegal to put this report in the union cabinet/notice board?.Would a data protection breach happen?.

Not sure if this is the correct section to post in,but could only find this to be the nearest to my question.Mods,please move it if needed.

Basically,the workers rejected the company pay offer,and were balloted for industrial action.The management imposed the wage rise and included it in each persons wage this week,going against Union protocol.

I have a copy of the companys financial report covering the last 5 years.Would it be illegal to put this report in the union cabinet/notice board?.Would a data protection breach happen?.

Is the financial report a public document or a private report ? I suspect it is a public document that would be available to anyone through companies house and can therefore be made available to anyone that wishes to read it.

Even if it were private, I am not sure of the Data Protection angle to this, unless it contained data of the companies customers or staff that they had not consented to be published or passed on.

If it were a private report, your act would probably be seen as gross misconduct and you could be dismissed. A private report published that was financially damaging to the company might also lead to you being sued, if they suffered a loss.

Suggest you let the Union and their legal representatives deal with the company. You still have to work there unless you have already found another job.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Company accounts as I recall are hundreds of pages long :/

What is the point youa re trying to prove with them? Focus on that instead...

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

To reject the pay imposition every member of staff would have to refuse to accept their pay for the moneht and then consider action for the company not paying them the old lower rate until an agreement is made.

In practice your union reps should be saying thanks for the advance, now lets settle the actual pay issue. Industrial action hasnt been made impossible because of this imposition of a lower amount, it wont even delay it if you are all minded to take actionm it was done to try and get some of the workers to be less likely to want to take up the cudgels. Divide and rule, so your union now has a task in showing that everyone agrees that this pay increase isnt enough and it will be actuion as specified unless the demands are met or at least meaningful discussion takes place.

the employers wil then say they wont negotiate with a gun to thier head and things are back to normal.

As for the wisdom of your suggested action- as already said, the accounts wil be public anyway so i would suggets that sticking them on an internal notice boad will have no effect at all that is positive.use it as part of a union flyer or other communication as part of the argument as to why the claim should be met by all means but dont do something that just looks vindictive