Postal Requisition - Time Limit Rules

cossie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have just received a postal requisition for alleged criminal damage to property.

I believe the prosecutor must issue a written charge not more than 6 months after the offence alleged.

Is this correct ?

'Postal Requisition' was a new one on me. A quick google explained all and according to this website yes there is a 6 months time limit for "summary only" offences. No idea whether your alleged offence is "summary only". Were you previously interviewed by the police about the alleged offence?

http://www.counsel.direct/news/2015/4/19/postal-requisition-magistrates-court

You can be charged years after an offence has been committed.

Take historic cases like Saville, hall or Talbot but in your case it should be in a timely manner but timely for the police and cps means months and mo the sometimes.

I think your getting confused with the 6 months for a NTK for a decriminalised criminal offence.

I think your getting confused with the 6 months for a NTK for a decriminalised criminal offence.

Thanks for clearing that up for me sgtbush, it doesn't take much for me to get confused these days at my age. :???::???: