Reclaiming catalogue fees help

tom100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it possible to reclaim catalogue fees from Littlewoods/Very on accounts over 8 years old now and have subsequently been sold to DCAs? i would like to know if its likely to be successful.... so i can get some money back and use it to pay off some other debts

If so i understand i send them a subject access request but i havent' got a clue what the account numbers were etc? any way around this? what do i do?

Err SLOW down!

Catalogue debts are notoriously littered with reclaimable fees and charges, and in most cases, are unenforceable depending on when and how you took them out.

What's the full story please, and never EVER pay a powerless DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i opened the accounts in 2010/2011

both have been sold to dca

i got issued a ccj by default for one of them which i wasnt aware of because i was at uni

payment was set too high by the court so i have an agreement with dca for lower amount until get myself sorted

my main aim at the moment is to go at the original creditor (shop direct/very and littlewoods) and try and claim some fees back but am clueless how to go about it

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?487902-lowell-backdoor-Cat-debt-CCJ-now-court-bailiffs-how-much-will-this-harm-my-future

Edited by Andyorch
Link to thread added

Send the court an n245 start a new thread for this one debt please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just send an sar to sd

You dont need numbers!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

payment was set too high by the court so i have an agreement with dca for lower amount until get myself sorted

I would be very careful with that ''agreement'', the ONLY person who can vary that court order is the courts themselves, no tin pot powerless DCA could ever override a judgement.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!