Looks like another Lifestyle Fitness/CRS thread

Kmtr12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I was a university student who signed up to my local gym. My last payment to the gym was in February of this year. I believe the payment was set up at £19.99 pcm.

I ran into some financial troubles in February and the direct debit for this membership was revoked by my bank (HSBC). I viewed the email sent to me by the gym group and assumed that next month when they came to debit my account, they would take the amount owed + the next membership instalment.

I recently started receiving phone calls from CRS, of which I have not picked up. I then checked my emails and found one from them stating I owed them in excess of £300 due to late payments.

What has gone from a (relatively small) 'admin' fee from the gym of £50 has now shot up over six fold.

I will admit that I probably should have kept on top of this (phoning the gym/bank to discuss how payments should be made) but other reasons and a lack of checking my email account associated with the gym lead me to do otherwise.

I suppose I am creating this thread for advice on how I should proceed with CRS with regards to this issue.

I have already read that CRS have no legal power with respect to collecting debt owed.

I also have read that it is not advised to answer their phone calls.

However, I fear as time passes and the debt racks up, it may get to a point where I 'owe' them much more than the current £350 as they keep on adding 'admin' charges to my name.

As a student who does not necessarily have those kind of funds, what would be the advised next step for me? I am hesitant to contact CRS to work out a payment plan without fully understanding my rights.

If anyone could assist me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

admin charges are unlawful anyway

so doesn't matter how many any org or dca add to any debt.

are intending to return there?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello Dx100uk,

thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread.

I am not intending on returning to the gym, no.

I am more concerned as to how this will affect my credit rating (if at all) for the future.

I am not a pushover, so am not worried with regards to dealing with CRS if I know my rights.

Thank you.

gym debts don't show.....

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sure. Ignore.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Have you relocated or this was local to you home and uni?

and they

Hi Km and welcome to CAG

Please take time to read other threads here. You'll see Harlands/CRS are chancers who prey on the weak and rely on ignorance of gym users to pay their increasing admin fees.

On the whole, you can ignore Harlands/CRS demands. They're full of hot air and they'll do nothing.

Gym m/ships are NOT reported by CRA's so this will not affect your credit rating, despite their threats that it may.

Read other threads and you'll see we often advise you to send a letter offering 1 month's fee owed before cancelling the DD due to relocation. It's a bit late for this in your case so just continue to ignore them for now.

Keep us posted ...........

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)