Tui and Data protection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife and I have booked a cruise through Tui and my wife made the booking and today I phone the Tui shop and asked about a cabin upgrade and they had to have permission from my wife to speak to me about upgrading and after she gave permission I was told that it had to be done in person so I said I would pop in later to sort out the upgrade and choose the cabin ( which is another fee )

When I arrived at the Tui shop I was told that I could not do the upgrade as my wife was not with me I said that you spoke to my wife this morning and gave permission at no time did you say that she had to come with me ,cant you phone her at home and she can give permission .No was the reply Data Protection .my name is on the booking and I paid for the cruise in full check the payment ,but they would not deal with me .

Surely if they spoke to my wife this morning and knew I was coming to pay for the upgrade why is this Data protection stopping me from doing something so simple no wonder firms are losing custom

Edited by Andyorch
Paras