Incorrect Dart Charge PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I have a dart charge account to which mine and my fiancees cars are registered to, but hired a van from Enterprise and forgot that it wasn't automatically debited until a couple of days later.

I paid the fee, but as expected got the £35 charge from enterprise and this morning received the PCN from Dart Charge (after enterprise forwarded my details).

The registration mark of the van is correct and so is the model, but under make, it is listed as BMW instead of Ford.

Would this be enough to claim an incorrectly issued PCN?

If so, could I then appeal to enterprise that the PCN was incorrectly issued and cancelled and therefore request a refund of their administrative charge?

Thanks in advance all :-)

No. Minor errors on paperwork do not invailidate them in substance. You were not disadvantaged by the error and if the matter went to a court it would be easily explained.

If so, could I then appeal to enterprise that the PCN was incorrectly issued and cancelled and therefore request a refund of their administrative charge?

That's a matter for Enterprise but in view of the fact that your first avenue (to the Dart people) is likely to fail it is probably academic. Even if you were to succeed with having your Dart penalty refunded Enterprise would probably argue that their fee (which is to cover the administrative costs in handling the PCN) was properly raised.

Thank you for a prompt response.

I phoned up to use the automated system to pay and it only charged me £3 (for a van?)

Could this be because it is my first offence and that they've automatically applied the 14 days grace for me to pay the initial fee?

Hi all.

I have a dart charge account to which mine and my fiancees cars are registered to, but hired a van from Enterprise and forgot that it wasn't automatically debited until a couple of days later.

I paid the fee, but as expected got the £35 charge from enterprise and this morning received the PCN from Dart Charge (after enterprise forwarded my details).

The registration mark of the van is correct and so is the model, but under make, it is listed as BMW instead of Ford.

Thanks in advance all :-)

Dart Charges issued to hire vehicles is a huge problem and Enterprise and all other companies charge an administration fee. Only a few days ago, I received an enquiries about an £85 'admin' fee !!! What is worse, is that the fee does not include the £2.50 'crossing' charge!!

As you are a Dart Charge customer, I would suggest that you make representation to Highways England (do it online). If this is the first occasion of non payment in a hire vehicle, you may well find that the penalty will be cancelled. You have nothing to lose by trying.

The wrong make of vehicle is not sufficient grounds for cancellation I'm afraid.

Thank you for a prompt response.

I phoned up to use the automated system to pay and it only charged me £3 (for a van?)

Could this be because it is my first offence and that they've automatically applied the 14 days grace for me to pay the initial fee?

I am pleased to hear that the charge was reduced to £3. If this was your first offence, you should have received a 'warning letter' with the Penalty Charge Notice advising that as long as payment is made within 14 days that you would only be charged the 'crossing fee'. Warning letters are only issued once.