Bed bugs in hotel

lyonsdown2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

stayed in a decent 4 star hotel with my wife.

I woke up to find my leg covered in bed bug bites.They definitely weren't there before!

My wife was not bitten

I complained to the hotel, who say they got a company in to check for bugs.They've come back to me and said the company found nothing.

I don't accept this at all. I think they're denying it as they know if they admit it it would look very bad.

I want a full refund on the room cost.Are there any other amounts I can claim?

As they won't voluntarily refund, is it worth suing them? I'm familiar with county court proceedings, and feel I have a cast iron case (i have photos of the bites).

The hotel has expert evidence that there were no bed bugs. And also your wife wasn't bitten. You have no evidence that there were bed bugs. A photo showing there were bites on your legs doesn't in itself show you got them in the hotel (nor, indeed, that they were the bites of bed bugs unless you have expert evidence of your own). A court might, on the balance of probabilities, decide you got the bites from bed bugs at the hotel. But the weight of evidence isn't on your side so they probably won't. To describe your case a 'cast iron' is, to put it mildly, a bit of an exaggeration!

Unfortunately, some victims don’t realize they have been bitten for up to two weeks while others may react right away. Two weeks is a long time, and if you slept in multiple locations, it might be impossible to figure out which place had the infestation.

https://www.badbedbugs.com/bed-bug-bites/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread