Screwfix personal guarantee issue

Cargoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I mistakenly filled in a credit application for Screwfix in 2013 for a trade account (for a company I used to work at).

This company has recently gone into administration and I have been sought after to settle the outstanding amount (nearly £1000)

- as apparently the credit application doubled up as a "personal guarantee".

Their credit app was not clear to me & it was blurred out and photocopied on a number of occasions. (yes I know I shouldn't have signed something I couldn't read) In addition I resigned and left the company in 2014.

How can two different legal entities sign a credit app (as director) but also as personal (for a guarantee - without it being made clear?

Are you able to get a copy of the document which you originally signed? Send them an SAR immediately.

– And yes, it was pretty silly to sign anything without understanding the contents. Especially if you were a director of the company involved.

Useful threads...same subject.

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=screwfix+personal+guarantee&sa=Search+CAG

Thread moved to General Legal Issues Forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hopefully have attached their credit app off their website (

the signed application was scanned and emailed back and I have signed it - I would rather not show here if you don't mind. The application that was signed looks very similar but they have made their PG bit in bold now. (still very small writing however)

Trade_Acc_Application_23_09_10.pdf

Dear all,

I mistakenly filled in a credit application for Screwfix in 2013 for a trade account (for a company I used to work at)........

"By signing this application form you accept that:

G: If the organisation in whose name the Trade UK Account will be held is (a) a company and you are a director of the

company, or (b) a partnership and you are a partner in that partnership, you will personally guarantee performance of all of that organisation’s current and future financial obligations to

Trade UK (including any subsequent increase(s) in the credit facility extended to that organisation)."

Were you a director?

Yes, but the point of asking you to post it up was precisely to see how blurry and indistinguishable it was because that seems to be an important part of what you are telling us.

I wanted to get some advice on it first

See post #3 above

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Click it again..or type Screwfix in the Advance Search option (under the Logout Button top right)