Capital One refuse interest on PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I made a mistake and tried a ppi agent to deal with Cap1.

they paid them and the agent deducted their commission and sent me the balance together with Cap1 letter calculations.

Cap1 determined that since i was aware of PPI in 2005 when i cancelled the ppi then i was not entitled to receive interest since it was over 5 years ago.

I wrote back asking them to pay the interest since i cancelled the ppi because i could not afford it... NOT THAT PPI HAD BEEN MISSOLD... DIDNT AWARE OF THAT UNTIL MY CLAIM WAS SUBMITTED.

They will not budge their offer was final.

Questions: do I have a reasonable case for interest? should I lodge complaint with FOS or go to court??

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I suppose you won't like me saying it, but you've been here since 2006 and I'm amazed that you should ask an agent to deal with this when you know all of the help here.

We are lucky if we get a few quid from anybody we help – most of the time we don't – and yet you presumably have paid hundreds of pounds to somebody who clearly hasn't even done a decent job for you. I feel a little bit of sick rising into my mouth.

You should certainly lodge a complaint with the FOS. Do it immediately.

The only other thing to say is that presumably you have raised this with the agents you instructed and they have accepted the payment of the capital sum. I think this probably gives you a good basis for resisting any further claim they might want to make in respect of interest payments.

One of things I would do would be to write to Capital One, send them an SAR and also revoke any permissions they have to communicate with your agent. Ask for confirmation of this. In fact send them your letter revoking authorities first – and then afterwards send the SAR to make sure they have received all. Send the revocation by first class recorded delivery post.

Bankfodder

Cruel but true... I deserve it all... criticism I mean...

I was extremely active back then and tried very hard to give good advice... but I gotten burnt out...

I marvel at times of your perserverance… you and your colleagues do a splendid job and I will donate...

I withdrew from all involvement when my debts became time imited: I confess to being surprised that only Halifax took me to court on one debt... the rest I guess just wrote them off.

The cap1 test was my first foray into PPI because having got away owing so much debt I did not wish to talk to banks on a one on one basis, the truth was I was ashamed of the mess I got into an needed an intermediate.

However, I have swallowed my pride and pursued others on my own with hrlp from dx100uk on a couple.

and you are correct I will withdraw all permission with the agent.

I think I have all the SAR details from back then so I will rework your spreadsheets and lodge a complaint with FOS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bankfodder…

I have briefly read some of the FOS thread titles and really dont want to waste time if they are incapable of investigating properly.

I am inclined to head for the county court using dx100uk two spreadsheet process.

Is there a link where the FOS guidelines are as to what to pay and any restrictions like the 5 year rule....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

id go to the fos

this will give you a good benchmark as to if you are correct

going to court and losing will cost you

FOS is free

whats this 5yrs rule?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dx100uk...

the Cap reply is in the scanned doc attached.. my response and request for interest (incorrectly calculated in their favour btw) was rejected because of the reasons they gave...

my response was

It was my belief that payment of PPI was a mandatory requirement in using the credit cards you provided. I was finding it extremely difficult paying for PPI and I reluctantly contacted you asking for permission to cancel PPI. I was not aware that I had beem missold PPI until an agent contacted me earlier this year.

cap1.jpeg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well they cant prove you were aware it was missold

only you cancelled it to save money.

sar should show that too

could always go for a plevin reclaim

they cant deny you have PPI and they got commission, they admitted it in B&W.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sorry dx100uk

they have included Plevin in their payment..

my argument is that I should be entitled to a full restitionary payment.

the sar doesnt reveal why i cancelled simply that i cancelled ppi… and … there are two accounts.. for whatever reason i only cancelled ppi on the smaller account after a year whereas the other i paid ppi from 2001 to 2006...

what do you think?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]