Refund on a credit card after closing account.

john432
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I purchased a cctv from Maplin about 8 months ago using my Santander c/card, I closed the account about 6 weeks ago and now the cctv system is broken, Maplin have liquidated of course so I ask....

Can I still claim a refund on my old card?

You can try. If successful then any excess of payment can be refunded if need be if the cC was closed @ 0 Balance.

Was the purchase Under or over £100?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

That's exactly what s75 is intended for.

" I closed the account about 6 weeks ago "

If you could expand...how do you close a credit card agreement ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You buy an item between £100 and £30,000 on your credit card which turns out to be faulty, but since then you’ve closed your credit card account: Section 75 still has you covered.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 5 weeks later...

Update

Santander gave me a call today and told me they will arrange for the unit to be collected for a repair by the manufacturer,

however they called back and renaged on that later and told me to send it off for repair

(rather have a refund no confidence in this product now!!)

I thought Santander were jointly liable along with the supplier to reimburse me for the faulty items, it seems to me I'm being fobbed off with a repair yes/no?

Edited by dx100uk
format

Are they actually aware that Maplin are no longer ?

Obviously they are not aware of how a section 75 claim works.

Hi Thanks for the reply

They know Maplin have folded

So they're fobbing me off as I suspected yes? I'd have thought their liability was to re-fund me

Should I report their actions to the Ombudsman? because it seems to me their actions are appalling

Thanks again

If you are rejected for a Section 75 refund and are adamant you think this was an unfair decision by your credit provider, then you can make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Complained to Ombudsman end of July

13/8 mail confirmong they'll get back to me in four weeks

17/8 mail now saying back to me in twelve weeks, so a long drawn out process I think with probably no refund at the end, Santander alleged that section 75 didn't apply in my case when I asked for a re-fund so I'm now going to bin my CCTV system and just start again with another make

• 3 weeks later...

Have you had a response from the Ombudsman ?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How could you have if ......" Maplin have liquidated " ?

read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...