V5 DVLA name change without my permission

Indie12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've never used the system but have DVLA really set up a system that let's anyone transfer a vehicle to them as long as they know the registration number and name/address of the current number?

Yes, but only between 7am and 7pm :lol:

https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

who says it your car?

did you do a full HPI check on the car

Does the creditor show as having an interest ??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

who says it your car?

did you do a full HPI check on the car

Does the creditor show as having an interest ??

There is no creditor ...its a personal loan from the Bank...to buy anything the OP wishes...even a car :-)

We have already been through this DX ...there is no creditor...it was purchased using a personal Bank Loan.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

but the car is named on the agreement?

I bet its got an HPI marker...sorry confuses me here...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its on the agreement for what purpose the borrower wants a loan for....have you never been to a bank for a personal to buy a car or extend your home or buy a caravan etc etc ?

There is no HP....its an unsecured personal loan.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes, but only between 7am and 7pm :lol:

https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

Thanks.

I had a little play around with it and I'm not sure it will help Indie12 very much.

You have to say if you are the buyer or the seller.

If you say you are the buyer it just tells you the seller needs to initiate the online change. There is an offline option if the seller doesn't do this but it would require you to be a bit economical with the truth and sign to say you have bought the vehicle from the current registered keeper. You could well get a visit from the police if the current registered keeper complained that you'd obtained the logbook illegally.

If you say 'seller' you can choose either 'sold it to someone' [ie for money] or 'put the vehicle in someone else's name'. That's probably closest to what Indie12 would like to do.

I can see two problems with that though. You can only do anything online if the have the "Latest V5C registration certificate (logbook) document reference number". As a new V5C was issued to Indie12's ex I imagine Indie12 doesn't know what that number is. Even if Indie12 did know the number making the change online that way would require him to, in effect, impersonate the current registered keeper, his ex. ie make out he is the current registered keeper making the change online. I'd think that's a breach of the law somewhere although I couldn't say what.

Going the court route what be a better way for Indie12 to go.

Definitely do not go round and take it. That would be sure fire way of getting arrested for theft.

Hi thank you for the replies.

I have made some progress through the courts with my existing case for child. Ex has agreed to return the car in exchange for some money she put towards the car, i am preparing a counter offer for now via the solicitors.

Does anyone know if it possible for me to revoke my childs passport so that my ex cannot take her out of the country even if it just for a short holiday?

Edited by Andyorch
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

you dont own your children so you cant get a passport revoked unless you go to court and show a good reason as to why they may flee the country whilst under the control of an order of the court.

Now if you dont have an order restraining travel then you will fail to get this extra help.

Is the child in danger of joining ISIS?

If not then stop being vindictive, it will only damage your relationship with your child and reinforce the opinions of your ex.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

An update on this case. My ex was supposed to give my car back to me but that did not happen. I found out a few days ago that she sold my car along with my private number plate.

I want to take this via the courts but before i would be gratefull if someone can help with the following:

1) To raise a claim i have to fill in the n1 form?

2) The claim is for monies over £12000, could someone confirm the application fees please?

3) What do you think my chances are of getting my car back or the monies from ex? She does not work and she is claiming benefits.

Hi,

An update on this case. My ex was supposed to give my car back to me but that did not happen. I found out a few days ago that she sold my car along with my private number plate.

I want to take this via the courts but before i would be gratefull if someone can help with the following:

1) To raise a claim i have to fill in the n1 form? Yes if you wish to sue...use MCOL.

2) The claim is for monies over £12000, could someone confirm the application fees please? £10,000.01 to £100,000 5% of the claim (manual) 4.5% of the claim (on line) and if it proceeds to trial £335.00 for the hearing fee,

3) What do you think my chances are of getting my car back or the monies from ex? She does not work and she is claiming benefits.

Slim...

• 2 weeks later...
You may have the satisfaction of registering a CCJ against her, if she does not pay up within 30 days, limiting her ability to obtain most forms of credit.

In all honesty any legal action will only cost you more money and you will have to weigh up the balance of what it will achieve.

She does not work and claims benefits plus there is no guarantee the Court will find in your favour.

Add in the fact that this is not a straight forward case and could drag on for some time.

I have to ask who insured the car when she took it and who was paying for insurance.

If you insured the car when she took it why did you not call police or report stolen?

I know you mention a child but in law that's not really a defence as she will claim.

How long is it since she took the car till now?

Sorry negative but Courts can work out even worse sometimes.

a complaint to the police for theft by using a false instrument to make a gain may be an option. Trouble is the police will want to avoid having to deal with a complicated domestic issue where the miscreant is the sole carer of a child and that is why they say it is a civil matter when a compaint of forgery and fraud should be recorded..

I feel you need to take good professional advice on this if you do want to progress the matter