Shoplifting in primark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I hope I can have some help here because this is the first time something like that happens to me.

Today I have been caught stealing in Primark (I live in the Uk).

I have been reading a lot of scenarios and would like to have direct advices.

I was going out when a security guy came towards me and told me to open my bag. He said I have been seen put something in my bag.

I was quiet shocked and I am not good in lying.

I said i bought the items in another store and he said I have been followed and seen by the cctv. Then he took me to a room where another guy was there waiting for me.

He told me to put the things on the table, the amount that I was trying to take it was costing £12.

He is being asking me why did I do that, having a rude attitude and judging me.

He asked about my life, where I am from, about my religion and my job.

I was scared this would affect my job and he told it won’t, they didn’t call the police and said they won’t adding that as I am European I will not be affected.

He took a photo of my driving license.

He just asked my name, my address (I gave a wrong door number), and my phone number. I stayed there like 10 mins or less.

He told me they will send me a penalty letter with a fare to be paid.

I asked how much and he said he would not know.

After that he let me go, accusing me to not be a good person.

I felt so humiliated and ashamed for what I have done and scared this could affect my crime records which is always been good.

I read I will receive some letters that I should ignore them.

Three years ago I stopped paying a phone contract and after three years they are now sending me letters from a dept company that I should pay which I am always throwing in the bin and nothing never happened so far.

Is this a similar situation?

But this is a crime and I am scared they might take further action.

Also because the letters will go to a wrong house in the same streets.

Are they going to call me if they don’t receive any responses from the letters?

Are they able to take me to court?

And in which case primark can take action?

I am scared this could affect my career and my travels and not being able to leave the country.

Maybe I am exaggerating but I am thinking at the worst scenarios.

I need your help guys I hope you can reply to me soon.

Thank you in advance

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Thread moved to the appropriate forum..please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You are exaggerating am im glad you recognise that

Its not a penalty, fare nor a criminal matter.

Yes you totally ignore the letters

No they dont ring people

And no it can never effect your travel nor future visa

Short ans...ignore everything...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just remove all of the emotional aspects of your post - you were caught shoplifting, the police were not called, you were advised that you would receive a charge in the post

So - your next actions will be to ignore everything that you receive (if you receive anything having given the wrong door number) even if they threaten court action to make you pay. They won't, and never do. This is an outside company acting in Primark's name. The police cannot become involved afterwards, and it cannot affect your job prospects or anything else. The incident is not a matter of public record nor will anybody other than yourself and Primark (or their civil recovery agent) ever know anything about it. So far as Primark are concerned it is done with and if they wanted to punish you they had the option of involving the police - which they chose not to do

But please do not do this again - otherwise next time you might find that the store DOES call the police and then things get much harder to deal with!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I echo my colleagues advice here. CAG does not condone theft of any sort and believe that there is only one body to deal with these situations. The Police.

For the unknowing, the letters you will receive will be written in a way that could make you think that you must pay this 'fare'. NO! This is purely an invoice asking you to pay. It's just the same as me asking you to pay me for my time.

Read the letters at least twice and understand that they have been worded to imply that if you don't pay, you will be taken to court. Again-NO- this is just pseudo-legal-speak.

So as the others have said, ignore then ignore some more but remember, we are here to assist you, not the likes of RLP who ,in my opinion should never be in the business at all.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE