Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    ripitts Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2006

Default Question Re Section 77A Consumer Credit Act

I had a fixed term loan between 2010 and 2012 which I paid off when I moved house.
    I sent a SARicon as i wanted to check on the charges levied during this loan and have received all the documents back.
    The annual statement summary received during the loan only stated
    - Date of agreement
    - Duration of agreement
    - Amount of credit
    - Gross loan
    - Payment protection premium
    - Staement period
    They did not show the interest rate, balance of the loan or any payements made.
    Reading Section 77a of the consumer crediticon act. As they haven't shown those details then my understanding is that I didn't have to pay any interest during the period which the statements weren't compliant. Is my understanding correct and if so am I able to claim back the interest when I claim other charges frrom them?
    Thanks

Gold Account Holder king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative

Cagger since : May 2007

Default Re: Question Re Section 77A Consumer Credit Act

Payment protection premium aka PPIicon.
    You can start claiming that back.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Who is the oc?
    Just because they have sent those details no
    Itd only if you were in arrears really
    They must send a NOSIA letter

Get that PPIicon done
    Use our statint sheet and the fosicon questionnaire

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Assuming there was no arrears....did you not actually receive statements whilst the agreement was live.....Monthly /Quart/Annually ?

(4)The creditor is not required to give the debtor any statement under this section once the following conditions are satisfied—

(a)that there is no sum payable under the agreement by the debtor; and
    (b)that there is no sum which will or may become so payable.

Whilst the agreement was live.....

(6)Where this subsection applies in relation to a failure to give a statement under this section to the debtor—

(a)the creditor shall not be entitled to enforce the agreement during the period of non-compliance;
    (b)the debtor shall have no liability to pay any sum of interest to the extent calculated by reference to the period of non-compliance or to any part of it; and
    (c)the debtor shall have no liability to pay any default sum which (apart from this paragraph)—
    (i)would have become payable during the period of non-compliance; or
    (ii)would have become payable after the end of that period in connection with a breach of the agreement which occurs during that period (whether or not the breach continues after the end of that period).

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...39/section/77A

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2006

Did you ask for a SARicon or a CCA?

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details