style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I would like to ask some advice please.

I decided to purchase some new specs,

I went along to my local optician look at some frames tried some on and agreed to go for a pair of bespoke glasses to get the correct fit,

over the course of the weekend I wasn't happy with my decision and wanted to back out of the deal as I know they would look awful,

as this was a bank holiday I spoke with the opticians and said I wanted to cancel the order, he said you cant now the glasses have had the plans drawn up and are now under construction,

this tuesday Morning, and its 9 oclock and yesterday was bank holiday Monday I told him...

sorry we cant cancel.......

now I have a pair of glasses that I didn't want and look awful........

what can I do if anything....

.I just feel I have been forced into the sale that I didn't want?

I doubt whether there is very much you can do. Of course you have no way of knowing whether they really had commissioned the glasses or not – but even then you are bound by the agreement that you made at the time you ordered them – especially as they are bespoke.

Which company is this? They sound pretty inflexible and maybe people should know about them

Hi There

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly its very much appreciated.

I think in my heart I knew I didn't really have leg to stand on, but its a very bitter pill to swallow at £700 for glasses you hate.

The glasses are Made by Tom Davies - and the very unhelpful opticians are Chapmans Opticians Bromsgrove Worcestershire

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

here is something I forgot to mention earlier, when I initially spoke with Chapmans and they declined to cancel, I asked at that time can I at least change the Frame then........I was still told no which was annoying....... its almost as if the whole thing was written in stone totally inflexible......I know I will never use Chapmans again

• dx100uk changed the title to Expensive Specs