Pathetic Goodwill Gesture from Capital One for PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In May I sent a letter to capital one complaining about PPI on an old credit card I had with them about 12 years ago. I then sent a SAR to them at the end of May (should have done this first but didn't know).

I spoke to them on the phone today and they have advised that they have looked at my case and are making me a goodwill gesture of £10. I am not sure what to do at this point as I am sure the card had a limit of several £1000 and at the time I would have used it a lot so I suspect I am just being fobbed off.

Unfortunately I don't have any documentation on this card but will hopefully get more info when I get the info from my SAR.

I will recieve a letter from them in the next few days with this offer in writing. I am not sure what to do at this point. Can I ask them to send me a breakdown of how the came to this figure or good will gesture?

It is obviously not a lot of money so I could also just wait for the sar then refer it on to the FOS if I think they are trying to pull a fast one.

Ideally would be best to have the SAR before I decide either way so will perhaps try the tactic of asking for a breakdown.

What would be my best option at this point?

Welcome to CAG

Wait for your DSAR...then submit a full claim on your findings.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy, can I do this though? I thought once I made a complaint, they investigated it and made an offer that was it and all I could do next would be to go to the FOS? Can I make a new claim when I have new information from the DSAR?

Well your not accepting their response.....of course you can submit a claim..either through the FOS or yourself direct

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I recieved the SAR today and it appears I was wrong, the credit limit of the Capital One card was only £200 and I did not use it much at all so the one with the higher limit must have been another card which I am still waiting for SAR info on.

According to the SAR info I only ever paid, about £5 in PPI so 8 % of that over 16 years would work out to about £10 in total (Inc the PPI payments I made), does this seem right?

Thanks for the advice!

their int rate not 8%

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx100uk. I always heard the interest rate was 8% for PPI Payouts.

The Card Interest per Annum was 20.00% and the APR was 39.0% so does that mean that I ought to get at least 20% or 39.0% of £5 x 16 (years)? So I should be getting £21 or £37?

the PPI sums you paid each month were charged interest at THEIR RATE compounded [30.9]

until either the card entered a credit situation or you closed the account whereby their int stop

FROM THAT DATE you are entitled to 8% simple interest

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...