Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    radicalaspect Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2018

Default Pathetic Goodwill Gesture from Capital One for PPI

In May I sent a letter to capital one complaining about PPIicon on an old credit card I had with them about 12 years ago. I then sent a SARicon to them at the end of May (should have done this first but didn't know).

I spoke to them on the phone today and they have advised that they have looked at my case and are making me a goodwill gestureicon of 10. I am not sure what to do at this point as I am sure the card had a limit of several 1000 and at the time I would have used it a lot so I suspect I am just being fobbed off.

Unfortunately I don't have any documentation on this card but will hopefully get more info when I get the info from my SAR.

I will recieve a letter from them in the next few days with this offer in writing. I am not sure what to do at this point. Can I ask them to send me a breakdown of how the came to this figure or good will gesture?

It is obviously not a lot of money so I could also just wait for the sar then refer it on to the fosicon if I think they are trying to pull a fast one.

Ideally would be best to have the SAR before I decide either way so will perhaps try the tactic of asking for a breakdown.

What would be my best option at this point?

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: Pathetic Goodwill Gesture from Capital One for PPI

Welcome to CAGicon

Wait for your DSAR...then submit a full claim on your findings.

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    radicalaspect Novitiate

Thanks Andy, can I do this though? I thought once I made a complaint, they investigated it and made an offer that was it and all I could do next would be to go to the fosicon? Can I make a new claim when I have new information from the DSAR?

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Well your not accepting their response.....of course you can submit a claim..either through the fosicon or yourself direct

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    radicalaspect Novitiate

I will wait and see what the letter says, how it is worded and take it from there. Hopefully my SARicon info will come soon!

Basic Account Holder
    radicalaspect Novitiate

I recieved the SARicon today and it appears I was wrong, the credit limit of the Capital One card was only 200 and I did not use it much at all so the one with the higher limit must have been another card which I am still waiting for SAR info on.

According to the SAR info I only ever paid, about 5 in PPIicon so 8 % of that over 16 years would work out to about 10 in total (Inc the PPI payments I made), does this seem right?

Thanks for the advice!

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

their int rate not 8%

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    radicalaspect Novitiate

Thanks dx100uk. I always heard the interest rate was 8% for PPIicon Payouts.

The Card Interest per Annum was 20.00% and the APR was 39.0% so does that mean that I ought to get at least 20% or 39.0% of 5 x 16 (years)? So I should be getting 21 or 37?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

the PPIicon sums you paid each month were charged interest at THEIR RATE compounded [30.9]
    until either the card entered a credit situation or you closed the account whereby their int stop
    FROM THAT DATE you are entitled to 8% simple interest

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details