lowell backdoor Cat debt CCJ - now court bailiffs?, how much will this harm my future?

tom100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like most things on the internet I've seen a lot of conflicting information about this and was wondering if anyone could actually categorically clarify what the deal is?

I've recently got my first ever CCJ and am worried sick about the future and what it could prevent me doing.

I don't plan on working in finance, but i've seen things and even topics on here i've searched (from 2012) that suggest it has prevented people from doing jobs you wouldn't think of all because the company performed a credit check.

The no mortgage thing isn't a big deal to me, but i'm seriously considering a career in the civil service or the police force and am worried this could be held against me?

Some say a CCJ isn't much worse than a default, but it is right? Much worse?

It may not be as bad as you assume ! I can hopefully give you helpful advice from my experience in relation to the credit check or SC clearance.

I work in IT and previously one of the companies were linked to finance, I was there a year before I had to go through SC , after filling in forms I too had the dreaded section of finance , by then I had about 4 defaults , late payments etc. I filled it in sparsely and did not put all the loans or CC's on that I could have it got sent away but consequently failed ...

lucky I was given another chance about two months later , this time I put in every loan \credit card \ Bank account , what the balance was and what I was doing to deal with it ( speaking to creditors and arranging payment or,those who refused payment plans and sold it on etc etc.. the crux of the story is that the financial side was not so much a problem but honesty is as you could be deemed susceptible to bribery etc ..

On the other side recently contracting I got accepted for a building society role for 3 months , did a credit check and failed, they were gutted and said it would have to be run past their security dept but I turned it down as I knew it would drag on too long.

I now am contracting quite happily , get paid a decent wage, have no new loans or credit cards, drive a second hand car fully paid for and pay for everything in cash. I don't and wont get credit anymore as I just don't want to be owing money.

These debts have been around since 2012/13 and yes they are hanging around my neck but it has not stopped me getting jobs with 4 UK based corporations none of which have credit checked me ! I just stay away from financial institutions for now.

I too have a CCJ but as the guys say on here this will drop off around 2019/2020 . Other creditors are giving up the ghost as they do not have any suitable documentation, coincidentally I am currently awaiting court appearance with none other than Lowell who have not provided any paperwork and so far have written off another debt I had with them.

I hope this shows that all is not lost and you should pursue those roles.

Oh I know police officers who have debt , yes they are not supposed to but some are using credit cards on a regular basis because they cant just live on a basic police salary so all is not lost..be honest on the application form and show you have control of your finances

Sorry if this seems like war and peace but we have all gone through the similar situation you have and come out the other side. In you favour is the fact you are at your parents house so draw a line under the past experiences with debt and take control...

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent thanks for the reassurance.

In any case they would have to send a letter giving me 7 days notice ahead of the first visit, right?

I have quite a few debts with them, this was for the lowest amount. Do you think its likely they purposely chose to pursue a CCJ for this one to see what my reaction would be and if I would immediately pay up? As if I did, I'm sure they would apply a CCJ on the other accounts too to get the money ASAP?

Lowell will chance it in the hope people won't challenge it and get a CCJ without realising. A CCA request for these other debts would certainly see what they are or are not entitled to ..

Thanks for the words notodebt

i aim to be 100% debt free within 2 years. of course i will still have a few defaults, and the ccj (which will be satisfied) but still on the file for a further 4 years at this point but apparently you can still get in the police force as long as the ccj is satisfied

https://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/32007-ccj-and-outstanding-debts/

like you said about your history i think the key is always honesty and transparency. you can't hide your financial record, especially from police vetting procedures but i think and hope as long as your 100% completely open about it and explain what you did to rectify the situation, and how you have sorted yourself out, it should be ok

fingers crossed anyway