Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Poppy's father Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2016

Default Lewes Again

Morning everyone.

My wife this time receives the attached.

The ticket was placed very carefully on the dashtop correct side up.

Whats the best way forward please.

Many thanks

Attached Files
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

Default Re: Lewes Again

well their NTK doesnt show any evidence of the lack of parking ticket or anything that would give a clue as to whether the supposed breach occurred.

They further state that a nTD may or may not have been issued so again that makes the NTK garbage and no keeper liability exists because they cant be bothered to follow the protocols.

So what toy do?
    Either write a short letter telling them they are incompetent and they should just foxtrot oscar as both partie know that this NTK is garbage and their demand for money is just naked greed and fraud by misrepresentation.
    Do not, be polite or respectful in any way, they dont deserve it

or you just ignoreicon them for the time being and let them waste their time and money playing silly sods. They cant win as long as you dont lose the ticket becaue even if they produce evidence of what they say it is too late, that is supposed to be in the NTK along with the creditor details and as they arent they cant claim a bean from anyone, let alone the keeper.

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Poppy's father Novitiate

For tickets received through the post (Notice to Keeper) please answer the following questions. This is a NtK
    1 Date of the infringement 6 June 018

2 Date on the NTK 11 June 2018

3 Date received 13 June 2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Claimed that there is.

6 Have you appealed? No

Have you had a response? N/A

7 Who is the parking company? One Parking Solution Ltd

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS.
    If you are unsure, please check here The NtK only mentions their own internal appeals procedure and POPLAicon

Follows
    Following

Site Team silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2008

Hi
    Have they given you a link where you can view the pictures. Showing a picture of some non descript car means nothing. There must be a close up of the windscreen, taken at a normal persons height rather than lower down that it hides the P&D ticket.

Was there no parking ticket applied to the windscreen on the day? The BPA website shows that this company does self ticketing and normal ticket (one issued by an employee) There is nothing to show that they use ANPR systems.

ignoreicon? Appeal? Dunno! I would but then I like causing trouble

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor
    Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Poppy's father Novitiate

They have indeed provided a link, but one has to initiate an appeal to gain access by entering PCN ref and driver details !!! So will leave that alone as that confirms to some extent receipt of a PCN

There was no ticket on the screen on the day. The picture of a white "something with 4 wheels" appears to have been taken from an elevated position indicating CCTV but not necessarily ANPR.

I have had issues with this park in the past and run them a right old game as we own 3 white VW's and all where in the area at the same time on the same day and to complicate matters all 3 cars were driven by different drivers on arrival and departure as we all met there to exchange cars.

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

I've removed the serial numbers etc from that NtK for you, and converted it to PDFicon

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Poppy's father Novitiate

I wonder if the drivers address in Grenada as main residence would cause them an issue or two ?

Thanks for redacting for me.

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

As long as it's genuine... Go for it.

They won't believe you of course, but that's their problem. There's nothing in law (POFA 2012) that says the drivers address has to be in the UK, only that it must be a "current address for service", which in the case of the driver can be an address at which they can conveniently be contacted.

It'd certainly chuck a spanner in to their works

We could use your help

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Poppy's father Novitiate

Its a holiday home, but there is also one in France.

I am minded at this stage to just sit back and do nothing, attempting to get them to change their position by sending copy of the paid ticket will only demonstrate receipt of the notice.

Are they able to pursue the keeper without knowledge of the actual driver ?

I'd mess with them, but maybe that's just me

They are able to go after the keeper yes, the POFA allows that. But to get anywhere near a court, they'd have to be 100% sure of themselves, although, I suppose if asked, they'd claim that they were never wrong.

Just keep all of your paperwork safe, including the P&D ticket, because if they are silly enough to try and take this to court, you can ram it up their nose.

Even if it wasn't displayed (fallen on the floor or whatever) because the driver paid for parking, they have not and cannot have suffered a loss. So what loss are they going to claim for?

"We have suffered no financial loss as the driver paid for parking but they didn't display the ticket".... They'd be laughed out of court.

We could use your help

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

to answer the last bit yes, as they dont know who the driver si so they are already doing this, albeit unlawfully in their case because they are too dim to get the protocols right. However, that has nevr stopped a parking co in the past either.
    If you do intend to pass on the driver details and it is your spouse for example then yes, use the address in Spain and her maiden name and if they still insist on writing to you at your address they will have amde their chances of getting anywhere even more remote than before. Judges may not know the POFA inside out but they do recognise improper behaviour and dont take kindly to it.
    AS for the address in France, save thta for when they bite and then she can tell them she has moved and then they either have to play letter tennis between France and Spain ( whichever has the most convoluted legal process would be the best) as she claims residence at the other addy for say the next 6 months and then verert back to the first addy.
    AS keeper is spouse then you reverse the example and use your name instead
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's father View Post
    Its a holiday home, but there is also one in France.

I am minded at this stage to just sit back and do nothing, attempting to get them to change their position by sending copy of the paid ticket will only demonstrate receipt of the notice.

Are they able to pursue the keeper without knowledge of the actual driver ?

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details