Is this a a fake job offer ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a telephone call today from an agency that I had never heard of before and they want me to start soon at company b.

I haven't applied for any jobs with this agency previously though and not sure how they got my phone number etc.

Also can an agency send details of a company by text message to your phone ?

Edited by louise2012
Is a job scam ?

you cant use that word which why its not showing against our rules

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name the agency, and others may have had experiences of the outfit.

If you have never made contact with the agency before, I would certainly be asking how they got your details. Although, if you have registered on one of the many job search sites that are out there, it is possible your details were passed on from there.

In this day and age of "modern" technology, many people (and quite a few firms) are reliant on text messages as a means of communication. Certainly, many employment agencies will use text messaging when asking existing workers to report to a site for a job. I consider it an impersonal way of communicating, but I suppose I'm kind of old fashioned when it comes to that sort of thing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Too little information to tell but

- have you had an interview with the comany, or the agency

- have they asked you for money

- have they suggested a "trial shift" unpaid?

Just use your common sense.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

As a basic check start by searching both the agency and company b online (without using any link or contact number in the text). Does the agency appear to be genuine, have actual street address on its website, and does the contact info on website match what they texted you? Likewise that company b actually exists. Then check what other people have posted about the agency. Doesn't guarantee it's genuine but should identify an obvious fake text.

Too little information to tell but

- have you had an interview with the comany, or the agency

- have they asked you for money

- have they suggested a "trial shift" unpaid?

Just use your common sense.

No to all the questions above

If you havent asked for the to look for a job for you then yes it is a fake offer. No need to wonder about why, it doesnt matter.

Did they ahve your name and other detaisl when they called or did you fill the gaps in for them?

I recognise the address as being offices used by other companies that appear on this forum so that would ring alarm bells for me.

You can report them, ask for copies of your data under the GDPR etc but if they arent legit none of that will make any difference.

Over 40 companies are listed at their address, and their single page web site has no info about actual vacancies, or clients they work with. So my spider senses are tingling!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Do you have a LinkedIn profile with any related work experience uploaded.

I uploaded my profile six years ago but have since emigrated and forgot to change my address but I still get email from reputable recruitment agencies and e.ployers

Yes I do have a LinkedIn profile.

Do you have a LinkedIn profile with any related work experience uploaded.

I uploaded my profile six years ago but have since emigrated and forgot to change my address but I still get email from reputable recruitment agencies and e.ployers

Probably explain it. Linkedin isnt just about job searching but many companies use it as a shopping list for potentail job filling. doesnt mean that an employment agerncy has any right to use your data to try and persuade a co they have a candidiate though but as said, they wont care too much about that