Shoplifting Primark, £53, told police will contact me and RLP Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stole from primark, stupid choice and will never happen again. The goods totalled to £53 and I was told that, because of this, the police had been notified but will not show up today. This leads me to believe I will hear from them - will this happen?

Regarding RLP, everyone has said to ignore the letters which is exactly what I'll do. My only concern is the debt collectors - will they show up at my house? Or just letters?

The security guard took my passport and photocopied it with my address and mobile number. The local mall security also showed up and took my details. I know I'm banned from this store and now on some sort of list that, if I'm seen, they have to keep an eye on me.

Basically, will there be any outcome from the police for this matter? I'm 21, female. I have never done this before and I am extremely embarrassed by it. I don't want my family or other half finding out, so will the letters be it? Thanks

Load of ole twaddle!!

Forget about it.

Rlp are not a dca...

So cant doorstep anyone

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore.

Then when you've done that, ignore some more. Over time you'll get some more begging letters, at which point you ignore them.

They may (might) pass this onto debt colectors, in which case you can send them the "in dispute" letter to get them off your back. Ask here for specific advice when and if that ever happens

Hi and welcome to CAG. This is the second case I have seen where Primark have involved the police and both times the value of goods stolen were above £50 so this seems to be their policy which (to me) is the better option than passing the details onto RLP. Unfortunately, Primark do both! The police AND RLP. Two wrongs do not make a right as the saying goes. You did wrong but by Primark passing this on to RLP, they too did wrong.

On CAG, we are all for getting the police involved and stopping civil claims altogether as these so called costs, do not exist except in the mind of RLP. The store got the goods back so no loss there. Security are paid whether they catch anyone or not so there could be no loss there either so boo hoo to RLP.

I would say that it is possible that you may be 'invited' to the police station to give an account of yourself and explain why you made the choices you did. The police are humans (well, most of them) and will decide what to do. This could be an official warning or a fixed penalty notice or something else. We don't know.

Ignore RLP and any of their lackeys pretending to be debt collectors. Neither RLP nor a debt collector will turn up at your door. Let us know if the police do get in touch.

In the meantime, try and figure out the reasons you decided to steal. Not having money is not an excuse.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for this - I know I'll never be doing it again. There's no excuse for it.

I will ignore RLP going forward and will let you know if the police do contact me. I thought that it might have been an empty threat as they didn't show up at the time, but if I get invited down then I'll just be honest with them.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

What part of ignore RLP are you not understand ing??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore, Ignore and ignore some more. They seem to be reluctant to do court these days.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Gosh, if I had a pound for every time I have seen that letter, I would be still be poor but not as much:|

£300-500! What have they been taking to come to this figure. The case in 2012 said that security costs were a core part of the business costs to the company and these are covered by the shop adding a small amount extra to the cost of the clothing which is paid at the till.

For their to be an accurate claim, they would have to list the exact costs down to the last penny as a civil claim is purely to put the company back into the position had the attempted theft not taken place. Arriving at an arbitrary figure is ridiculous.

No idea why I am saying all this as you are going to ignore them anyway:madgrin:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE