Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    parislove00 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2013

Default Backdoor Cabot CCJ - vanquis card -Now County Court Bailiffs Vist Re CCJ - now an N24?

Good afternoon, or is it?

I returned home this afternoon to find a card small card posted through my door, from county courticon bailiff.

I was very surprised, really, and contacted the number straight away.
    The bailiff answered the phone, seemed pleasant enough, and explained that the visit was in relation to a debt with Cabot finance, outstanding CCJ.

He said he couldn't return today, due to having to be at a eviction!
    He also complained about being the only county court bailiff in the area.

He said he might be able to return tomorrow, and he has some paper work for me to fill out?

I have dealt with other bailiffs before over council tax, and have always found them to be very polite and reasonable and I've always been able to set up a payment plan, but I've only ever owed a few hundred pound before, this is a massive sum, and I can't afford to pay this back all at once.

Anyone know what will happen when he returns tomorrow?
    Will he allow me to set up a payment plan?

I'm so annoyed with myself, as I've literally just got myself all up to date with all my debt, a considerably small sum, but a lot to me.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Backdoor Cabot CCJ - vanquis card -Now County Court Bailiffs Vist Re CCJ

pers I'd not let him in or sign anything
    or agree any payment
    as you say they are not commission paid and as soon as he finds out you will most probably be setting this aside by an N244icon he'll leave you alone

if you know nothing about the CCJ I suggest you go get your credit file.
    it should be listed on there

then tomorrow
    ring northants bulkicon with the number and ask for a copy of the claimformicon and the judgement by email PDFicon

I suspect you've moved in recent years
    not updated your creditors and one of them has sold the debt on to Cabot
    and they with their friends restons have gotten a backdoor CCJ at an old address

hence the bailiff at your door being the first you know about it.

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Default Re: Backdoor Cabot CCJ - vanquis card -Now County Court Bailiffs Vist Re CCJ

moved to FLI as the bailiff issue is not important really...
    more important to deal with the CCJ

Thread title amended

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Was you not aware of the debt or judgment ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    parislove00 Novitiate

I've just checked my credit file, how soul destroying!

There is a CCJ for the amount of £1838 , from December 2016

I assume added fees this brings the total to the £1938 .

Have I mentioned , I'm annoyed with myself?
    do you think he would except a payment plan?

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

If you can answer my previous question will determine whether you need a payment plan...is it your debt ?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    parislove00 Novitiate

I believe the debt is from a old Vanquis card from 2013
    , i guess the answer is yes,

although I hadn't realized it had got to this point.

Stupid, really, but no warning about todays visit ,
    he assures me his has lots of old paper work on the debt.

Follows
    Following

I gather you have moved since taking it out?

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    parislove00 Novitiate

Default Re:  Backdoor Cabot CCJ - vanquis card -Now County Court Bailiffs Vist Re CCJ

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    I gather you have moved since taking it out?
    No< I haven't moved, I did receive letters from Vanquis, but I've never had letters from a Cabot, or whatever they call themselves. I've only ever had that credit card, so it has to be that .

Default Re: Backdoor Cabot CCJ - vanquis card -Now County Court Bailiffs Vist Re CCJ

And never received the court claim response pack ?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    parislove00 Novitiate

Default Re: Backdoor Cabot CCJ - vanquis card -Now County Court Bailiffs Vist Re CCJ

Definitely not.

looking better for you all the time then...

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    parislove00 Novitiate

The bailiff seems to think he has LOTS of old paper work though
    , I just want to set up a payment plan, I will be happy with that.

I literally am going through a extremely stressful time at the moment and this will break me, I'm not just feeding you all a sob story,

I am a mother to a disabled son and I am his carer, I get carers allowance and he receives full PIP for care and mobility

. I am up with him most nights, I'm exhausted and emotional.

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Dont go jumping into a payment plan with cabot just cos they got a CCJ. Drop them to £1 a month forever and tell them thats all theyre going to get. End of.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    parislove00 Novitiate

Default N24 form received from court

Can anyone explain this form to me please. Thank you in advance

Attached Images

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    sgtbush Novitiate sgtbush Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2012

Default Re: N24 form received from court

Someone tried to get an attachment of earnings but the court judged that it wont happen as the person is unemplyed until a date in June next year. If circumstances dont change it will be struck out

The 2nd bit is how to appeal and the procedure

Basic Account Holder
    parislove00 Novitiate

Cabot finance issued the attachment of earnings against me , but I am a full time Carer for my son who was involved in a serious accident a few years back, so I am now unemployed as such. What happens next then? Do I need to do anything?

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    parislove00 Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    Yes

Default Re: Backdoor Cabot CCJ - vanquis card -Now County Court Bailiffs Vist Re CCJ - now an N24?

threads merged please keep to one thread...

pers i'd start the process of getting this set aside as you didn't receive the org claimformicon

did you ring northants bulkicon and ask for a copy of the claimform and the CCJ by email PDFicon?
    if not do so.

it might also pay you to sent vanquish a free SARicon too

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details