Lowells claimform - old littlewoods CAT debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and you do have a defence. go read those thread links ive posted in post 23 above..!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I’m sorry but that’s just referring me to other posts with people with similar cases but how is that going to help my defence?

In my eyes I have no defence I simply ignored all contact up until now.

You say not to go down the admission route and defend all but clearly I have nothing to defend myself with?

Forgive me if you may think i come across as stupid but I certainly do feel stupid at this point in time.

So they've already sent you the signed agreement and a complete breakdown of how the debt occurred??

By reading those other threads you'll understand what you can do...

Rather than saying...it doesn't help me...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ethan...I gather you dont really know how this murky industry works......

Littlewoods sold your debt off to this DCA for as little as 10p in the £...say around £85....littlewoods also claimed it back in tax against the losses...so there not bothered.

Do you really want to pay a DCA £760 profit to a company that you have never had any dealings with or entered into an agreement with...thats not sent you any documents and most probably cant produce any documents if the claim proceeds to trial...or at least not genuine valid ones.

They are hoping as you was initially thinking for an uncontested judgment with a little effort or cost involved to retain the maximum profit in their investment.

To defend claim is not an admission you do not owe the monies.....it simply challenges a third party to your agreement with Littlewoods that they can legally collect and enforce it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If they havnt replied back to my CPR and CCA by when the defence is due can I include that as part of my defence?

Could I not just pay you to do my respond letter of defence come when it’s due?

It’s all so long winded to me and it’s just frying my brain and causing me to not sleep or even live easy atm

Yes

Now go read those threads and understand why no paperwork is very important

Dx

and they

Ethan...I gather you dont really know how this murky industry works......

Littlewoods sold your debt off to this DCA for as little as 10p in the £...say around £85....littlewoods also claimed it back in tax against the losses...so there not bothered.

Do you really want to pay a DCA £760 profit to a company that you have never had any dealings with or entered into an agreement with...thats not sent you any documents and most probably cant produce any documents if the claim proceeds to trial...or at least not genuine valid ones.

They are hoping as you was initially thinking for an uncontested judgment with a little effort or cost involved to retain the maximum profit in their investment.

To defend claim is not an admission you do not owe the monies.....it simply challenges a third party to your agreement with Littlewoods that they can legally collect and enforce it.

No, Never dealt with anything like this so trying to come to terms with all the abbreviations and what not to keep up with the advice you give me.

Take a step back and look at it from a neutral point of view. I know nothing of your situation really, and nor does the court. Lowell have just said you owe them money. They haven't provided any proof that you owe money, nor have they provided proof that they have any legal right to take legal action in pursuit of the money.

Your defence will basically say "I'm not quite sure what this is about, so how about you provide proof of the balance, that there is a valid agreement to enforce and that you actually own the debt." It's not worded like that, but it's along the lines of what the defences you'll see on here are saying.

Even if you don't have much of a defence, challenging the claim will definitely give you a degree of control and you can easily come away with owing a lower amount (paid in manageable installments, if necessary). In saying that, I have a deep dislike for Lowell, so would string them along for as long as possible and make them jump through every hoop I can find or create.

Just relax a little about it all and do a bit of reading through other threads. Don't pressure yourself to take it all in - some stuff will stick and some won't. You'll get all the help you need if you're seen to be doing a bit to help yourself too.

The debt is insignificant compared to what some have to deal with on here, so don't let it dominate your every thought. You're just one of many, many cases Lowell will be dealing with - don't see it as personal. It's all just a bit of a game, and all you need to do is play it as best you can. If the worst came to the worst, I'm sure they'd take £10 or £20 a month, but we're a long way off that yet...so just chill and keep to the deadlines.