Lowells claimform - old littlewoods CAT debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

It’s currently 4:30am and haven’t been able to sleep tonight worrying about this situation I find myself in so apologies in advance for bad spelling/not making sense.

I opened a littlewoods account around 2/3 years ago now when I’d lost everything and was immature and stupid I ended up maxing out the account to a total of £600...100s of letters/phone calls of being ignored I’ve finally been hit with a county court claim.

Came on the 4th but had the date of 1/06/18 on it.

I briefly read through it and started to panic on how real this could be getting.

I haven’t filled anything in I was just going to ignore it and just let things plan out as I did do with quickquid years ago which just gave up but reading more into the forums here and the words county court are starting to seem more serious. I have no job and has been like that for 6 months now,

No money at all and living with my mum.

We’re set to move in a few months so If I just ignored what will happen?

I’ve not once been in contact with them like most have on here it’s just been a straight case of me ignoring it whilst giving myself a slap everytime a letter came through the door asking myself why was I so stupid back then.

if someone could help with advice I would really appreciate it,

Also my credit rating is so bad and I really don’t expect to be looking for any credit related items in the next 5-8 years so would an CCJ really affect me?

Lowell’s now ask for a sum of £860 odd in total

Thanks and sorry for any ignorance in this message

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

dont ignore, it wont go away.

What paperwork do you have associated with this claim as they dont come out of the blue so do you still ave old statements, the default notie, notice of assignment of the debt to Lowells, their letter before action?

The chances are that you owe much less than this and defending the claim will not only mean that you dont pay Lowells a unicorn food tax on top of the debt but get an order instructing you how much to pay and when from the court and that will stop Lowells hounding you should you follow that plan.

The court may order you to pay as little as £5 per year until your circumstances change.

tell us all about the whens and what paperwork you have

Hi Ethan

If you would read the following link which explains the process and copy and paste the Q,s and your responses back here so we have all the information in one post to enable the best advice on how to proceed.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2018**

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

complete the link in post 3 please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If I just ignore it is the a chance they will just strike it out as taking it to court is proberly costing them more then it’s worth?

Thanks Andy I’ll fill that out once I get back home and onto the PC.

No its stuck with you for 6 years...default judgment...thats what this claimant is hoping you will do.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

How do I fill that form out

I don’t have Microsoft word to put my own writing ( Anserws ) in.

And you say it’s stuck with me for six years, stuck to my credit rating?

If so I really couldn’t care less about my credit rating it’s that bad from mistakes at a younger age.

Or do you mean they will keep the pressure up and there will other more serious consequences?

Thanks

Never mind I’ve actually used my eyes to work out now sorry, filling it out now

Edited by dx100uk
merge

you don't need to use word

just copy and paste is to a msg box here

and add your answers at the end of each question line

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hope that's done correctly.

Name of the Claimant? Lowells

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 1/06/18

Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -

^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Littlewoods account. Not repaying the original £660 owed. Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down.[/color]

1) The defendant opened a Littlewoods regulated consumer credit account under reference ......... on 06/12/2016 (‘the agreement).

2)In breach of the agreement, the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the agreement was terminated.

3)The agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 30/06/2017 and written notice given to the defendant

4) despite repeated request for payment, the sum of £660.99 remains due and outstanding. And the Claiment claims

a) The said sum of £660.99

b) Interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of %8 per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accusing at a daily rate of £0.145, but limited to one year, being £48.53

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? no

What is the value of the claim? £839.52

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Cat Debt

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007? After 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. issued by the Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? yes

Why did you cease payments? couldn't afford

What was the date of your last payment? none

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into? no

Thanks ..now refer back to the link I posted and read about acknowledgment of service and using the on line portal and how to register.

You have 19 days from and including 1st June to acknowledge service..you then have a further 14 days to submit a defence...33 days in total.

Also in the link follow the instructions re CPR 31.14 and CCA request...thats your next task.

Andy

Hi again, I’m currently filling out the N9A (SDT) form of admission (specified amount ) I’m go to say I will only pay the original amount of £660.99, is there any advice you can give me to get the best outcome of this route I’m going down?

No dont go down that route...you do it all online as per my previous post...defend all....no admittance.

Acknowledge service on line for now......defend all ...do the CPR and CCA requests...nothing else.

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CCA Request running to the claimant

leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

and they

as my guide says

RESPOND to acclaim

go read it CAREFULLY again......

and they

their own in house

just send CPR/CCA to lowells as advised Earlier

and they

Use the search cag box of the top red toolbar

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=lowell+cat+claimform&sa=Search+CAG

well the next bit is down to you

CAG is self help too!!

so using the link above get reading up

so you KNOW what to do and when...

and they

go back and click the links in post 14

its all there..

and they