Maximus refusing ESA F2F home visit need urgent help please

Helen2264
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cutting a very long story short.

Applying for ESA first time in January

two letters were enclosed with the ESA50 form requesting a home visit and recording for a ESA F2F assessment.

Received Maximus letter for ESA f2f assessment at beginning of April at one of their medical centres.

Rang Maximus and told them there was no letter from them to give the reasons why a home visit was not granted.

Was told by Maximus the DWP Decision Maker has disallowed the home visit.

Rang DWP and told them Maximus said the DM has refused a home visit and and asked the reasons why.

Was told by the DWP staff that is was wrong the DWP's DM do not make any decision with regards to home visit nor get involve with F2F assessment that is the job of Maximus their medical contractor.

Went back to Maximus and told them what DWP said the appointment was cancelled. Received couple of phone calls from Maximus requesting a letter from the GP to back up the home visit request.

GP faxed letter to Maximus stating cannot attend a f2f at a centre due to medical/clinical reasons.

Maximus confirmed by phone that they have received the GP supporting letter at the beginning of May 2018 and was told they will send a letter of their decision about the home visit by four different staff.

Received several letters to attend appointments at different dates from Maximus including a phone call to ring them very important and very urgently with regards to a f2f at their centre which was to take place some 3 weeks later strange.

Each time received a phone call two days before the appointments due date to cancel appointments because their recording machine is broken and that it will take a very long time before hearing from them.

Received another letter last week to attend yet another appointment at their centre at the beginning of July

but still received no letter with regards to the home visit whether it has been granted or refused.

Non of the cancellation letters stating appointments was cancelled because of broken recording machines it just said appointment rescheduled sorry for the inconvenience. Maximus has on record they've book for a Taxi as their making reasonable adjustment but send no letter stating that fact.

New appointment letter had not stated a Taxi has been booked for the appointment it just said please attend 10 minutes before the appointment time.

I'm looking for a template letter with regards to disability discrimination and harassment from Maximus/contractor and a sample letter under the equality act 2010 requesting a home visit with regards to Maximus making reasonable adjustments for a f2f assessment under the equality act.

Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by dx100uk
format

Begging your pardon I'm not on benzodiazepines the fact that it has many side effects which can compromise one's medical and will definitely make them fail if they are not aware or understand what the HCP asking of them.

If you cannot give a proper answer please do not give one at all.

Maximus must under the equality act make reasonable adjustments and not discriminate or disadvantage a person because of their disability.

Stress or not never give in to those contractors

I would urge any claimant to fight for their rights especially if their case is genuine.

Too many times people are either petrified of the dwp and their contractors and give way to them that gives those fraudsters the reasons to treat vulnerable people worse than animals.

No template letter on this site.

Suggest that you obtain your Doctors letter advising of the need for a home visit and not a F2F at an assessment centre.

Send the letter to the assessment centre and a copy to ESA for their records.

Problem with these assessments is that Maximus and ATOS have never had resources to handle the number of referrals made to them.

Edited by dx100uk

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Begging your pardon but people with severe anxiety are usually prescribed benzodiazepines i was only suggesting you take them to go because part of the reason I got support group was because I took benzodiazepines to go to my assessment which the decision maker said I shouldn't have had to go to because I should have got another paperbased assessment like I did on my first claim.

A template letter is unlikely to be appropriate anyway.

It's probably best if you write in your own words why you are complaining. Keep it factual and simple. If you would like a second opinion, post your draft on here minus any identifying information and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

It's a while back now but I had to fight tooth and nail to get a home assessment and ATOS took 2 years and 11 cancelled appointments to get there so I do understand what you're going through, and if your GP says you need a home visit, then that is what you should get. Home assessments can also be recorded.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Begging your pardon but people with severe anxiety are usually prescribed benzodiazepines i was only suggesting you take them to go because part of the reason I got support group was because I took benzodiazepines to go to my assessment which the decision maker said I shouldn't have had to go to because I should have got another paperbased assessment like I did on my first claim.

It worked with you and may not work with others besides I don't think I would tell my GP to prescribe me such and such medicine it won't look right. You receive benefit because you are not fit to work it shouldn't matter what medicine you are prescribe by your GP.

Why do you need a home visit.

You haven't actually said.

I have my genuine reasons. Don't want to sound rude but I'm a reserved person and not very good as sharing to much of my life history to the world.

A template letter is unlikely to be appropriate anyway.

It's probably best if you write in your own words why you are complaining. Keep it factual and simple. If you would like a second opinion, post your draft on here minus any identifying information and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

It's a while back now but I had to fight tooth and nail to get a home assessment and ATOS took 2 years and 11 cancelled appointments to get there so I do understand what you're going through, and if your GP says you need a home visit, then that is what you should get. Home assessments can also be recorded.

I found exactly the template I was looking for from the citizen advice website.

Yes Maximus has accepted about the recording of my f2f.

Thanks for your reply.

• 1 month later...

I post a thread on here a while back.

I'm on Income Support was sent an ESA50 form by the DWP to claim ESA.

Filled in esa50 form requested a home f2f assessment and recording.

Maximus said dwp decision maker refused me home f2f assessment which was a lied cut a long story short after several cancellations of my f2f assessment being victimised, harassed, disadvantaged and still not allowing me a home f2f assessment I made a full complaint to Maximus the company.

Got complaint decision back by email they apologise multiple times even true to their word they would cancelled my f2f assessment if they didn't make their decision by the assessment date.

Received a letter from maximus they've cancelled the ESA f2f assessment itself and told me they've sent my esa50 form and file back to the dwp.

I haven't heard anything back from the dwp.

I got no intention of wanting to find out my income support payment is carrying on as normal why open a can of worm.

What I would like to know if anyone has had their esa f2f cancelled and their file sent back to dwp what was the outcome.

My gp has since put me on telephone call appointment only and so has the psychiatrist because I cannot leave the house due to severe anxiety and panic attacks.:-(

threads merged...........please keep to one thread per issue

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...