Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default TSB texts re O/D....not my account?

Hello all.
    My wife has been receiving texts from TSB telling her that she is overdrawn and detailing the amounts spent and where for over two months now.....but she doesn't have an account with them.

She has phones them three times to complain that she has been worried over this,
    thinking that she may have had an account with them that she had forgotten about, etc.

TSB say that 'someone must have put your phone number in their details' but haven't actually done anything about it yet.

Please can I ask what she should do about this?

Default Re: TSB texts re O/D....not my account?

CEO complaint seek harassment damages because its distressing to you wife

stop using the phone and send an email
    back this up with a letter get free proof of posting at the PO counter

don't dribble on
    short and sweet

ceoemail.com. for the details

Just brilliant!!!

If the CEO email doesn't work, lodge a complaint with the ICOicon. I'm sure they would take a dim view of it after the IT fiasco TSB had recently.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

She should go to the ICOicon anyway.

Keep copies of all text and also should record calls when you telephone them.

Would she like to talk with the media? We might be able to arrange it.

Quote Originally Posted by craigten View Post
    Hello all.
    My wife has been receiving texts from TSB telling her that she is overdrawn and detailing the amounts spent and where for over two months now.....but she doesn't have an account with them.

She has phones them three times to complain that she has been worried over this,
    thinking that she may have had an account with them that she had forgotten about, etc.

TSB say that 'someone must have put your phone number in their details' but haven't actually done anything about it yet.

Please can I ask what she should do about this?
    I thought that Banks never sent such information by text or email. Most Banks say they only send basic emails or texts. For example I receive an email from my Bank saying I can now view my latest credit card statement online.

Sending details of money spent and where seems a bit unusual.

The problem with TSB is that they are having serious IT issues at the moment, which has been covered in the media. I would not be confident that they can search their customer records for a telephone number and manage to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    CEO complaint seek harassment damages because its distressing to you wife

stop using the phone and send an email
    back this up with a letter get free proof of posting at the PO counter

don't dribble on
    short and sweet

ceoemail.com. for the details
    Unfortunately, my wife let this slip and eventually TSB replied on 8 January (almost 6 months from her original complaint)they replied with the usual apology for the delay, blaming more complains than usual, etc. Ultimately, they stated that they enclosed a cheque for 100 for 'compensation for distress and inconvenience' and 50 for 'Financial expenses'. They stated that this was their 'final responseicon', but then went on to say that if my wife feels that they haven't listened to the information she gave them to get in touch?
    My questions are:
    1. Should I threaten reporting to the ICOicon and / or fosicon for the delay and ask for more?
    2. If I do, what would an appropriate amount be? 150 seems insufficient as my wife was genuinely concerned when she received the texts telling her she was overdrawn!

I would not leave it there no

150 compensation seems reasonable for receiving a few incorrect texts.