Virgin Media - Objected Admin Charge Leads to 3 Strikes on Credit Score

doyle67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon all,

I'm sure you're all busy so I will keep this as short as possible.

Was a VM customer for 8 odd years. Had to cancel their services last year as my Ex and I separated and I was moving to a new place.

Account was in my name, so I phoned to cancel it. Phone call lasted about 10 minutes as they tried to get me to shift it to the new address etc. They explicitely said "there is no further charges to pay" on the phone. (I have it recorded as an .m4a file.) In fact, we were due a refund.

A week or two later, I get a letter (at my new address!) asking me to pay a £23 cancellation charge. I wrote them a letter explaining both the phone call, and my annoyance at them chasing the additional charge when we'd been good customers for 8 years. I got another chaser a few days later, and expected the letter hadn't been processed yet, and then nothing....

After not getting any correspondance, I assumed it was done. It was £23, and I thought it would all be sorted.

Last week, i'm at the bank applying for a loan, and I am denied and told to check out Experian.

Three strikes from Virgin Media over the late payment of £23. :-x

The rest of the credit report is absolutely sweet. Credit score tarnished by their mistake and incompetence.

Any advice on how best to rectify this, and if I should pursue any further action?

All the best,

D

Hi and Welcome to CAG

You state you rang them to cancel their services...was you out of minimum contract ?

Did you give them 30 days Notice ?

"If you decide to end part or all of your services with Virgin Media during a minimum period, then we’ll usually charge you an Early Disconnection Fee instead of the remaining payments for your minimum period for your services."

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-disconnection-fees.html

Out of minimum contract.....

" you may cancel this agreement without penalty by giving us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) at least 30 days' notice. "

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#ending

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy, thanks for the response.

It was past the minimum contract period by a good few years. I'd actually moved out of the house a year or so before, but the account was still in my name, and she was paying it.

As it was my name on the account, only I could cancel it.

I'm about to move again and, until last friday, was considering going back with Virgin Media!! No chance of that happening now.

So you didn't give them 30 days Notice ?

The following may be of use and explain what you was told by customers services and that you was not warned re 30 days and that you have kept a recording.

0800 052 0290 credit amendment team

[email protected]

Monday - Friday 10:00 - 18:00, Saturday 09:00 - 13:00 and Sun – Closed.

Consumer Underwriting

Virgin Media

Eagle Court 3

Coventry Road

Sheldon

Birmingham

B26 3RZ

The only problem I foresee is that you state you moved out of your home a few years previously....did you get your post ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread