Lifestyle fitness / CRS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I joined lifestyle fitness via online,

I went down to my local gym to start using it but when I got there I was told I had to register and have my finger print taken which I did,

I was then told by the manager that I couldn't’t use the gym until I had taken an induction and the next one that was available was not for two weeks,

we got into an argument as I didn’t really need an induction as I’d been using gyms for several years,

he said that under no circumstances could I use the gym and blocked my finger print so I couldn't’t access the gym,

I told him to cancel my member ship as it was within 14 days of me signing up online (not sure if that rule counts) which he said he had done.

I’m now getting emails from CRS who are threatening me with legal action unless I pay £324,

I have replied a month ago and explained what happened and they

palmed me off with tough you have to pay!

What can I do?

Nothing ignore them totally

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nothing ignore them totally

Even though I have received the below letter:

Re: CRS Ref No: XXXXXXX

Lifestyle Fitness Ref. No: WXXXXXXX

Following our initial letter, we are disappointed that your account with Lifestyle Fitness is still in arrears and our fee has not been paid.

We would still like to reach an amicable resolution to this, however, if you fail to respond to this letter, we will have no option but to commence further action to recover the monies owed. The options available to us are:

1. LEGAL ACTION

We believe you are in breach of a legally binding contract with Lifestyle Fitness because you have not paid your membership and our fees. We may pursue a claim under this contract through the Courts. If we do so the following process would apply:

1. We will write a formal letter explaining what we are demanding and give you a final opportunity to pay/reply;

2. If this failed to settle the matter we would issue proceedings against you in the County Court;

3. Youcouldtheneither:

a. make payment, ending the legal process, or

b. dispute some, or all, of the amount was owed.

4. If you dispute the amount was owed the Court process would continue, at the end of which

the Court would make a decision on our claim.

5. A strict Court imposed timescale will apply in relation to the Court process.

Were we to be successful in our claim, or if you ignore the claim, a County Court Judgment (CCJ) may be registered against you requiring you to make payment. You may also be liable for our costs of pursuing legal action and interest on the amount owed.

If you then fail to pay the amount covered by the CCJ we would take the next steps required to enforce the judgment. To do this we would have to make an application to Court.

2. OUTSOURCE TO EXTERNAL AGENTS

Your account would be passed to another Collection Agency who will take further action to recover the monies owed.

YOU CAN AVOID THIS HAPPENING IF WITHIN THE NEXT 10 DAYS YOU CONTACT US ON 01444 449165 TO ARRANGE PAYMENT WITH US.

Edited by Andyorch
removed reference numbers

We may pursue a claim

I think they will go for option 2...they have on all the other threads.

2. OUTSOURCE TO EXTERNAL AGENTS

Your account would be passed to another Collection Agency who will take further action to recover the monies owed.

And you ignore them also:wink:

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

A dca is not a bailiff

They have ZERO legal powers

No gym has done court since 2012 ignore!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Knapper,

You've already told Harlands/CRS what happened at the gym a month ago. Don't contact them, or the gym, anymore by letter, email or by phone.

Contacting the gym or Harlands/CRS will get you nowhere and will change nothing.

The threats are just hot air and Harlands/CRS will do nothing. Even if they did, you have a valid defence.

Read other threads for examples of Harlands/CRS's practices and keep us posted.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)