Unplanned Overdraft.

ugo2slo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like anyone with knowledge in banking to tell me who was wrong.

On 22nd November 2013 i sent money by western union online using my debit card.

I sent £400 and with the fee it came to £450.

After waiting 2 hours for authorization, the MTCN was emailed to me confirming it went through and the £400 was picked up in Sweden.

WU only give a MTCN when the cash has been paid to them so the transaction was like all the others I had sent previously.

I had £520 in my current account and the £450 had been held back leaving £70 that I could use.

There was no way I could use the £450 so as far as I was concerned the transaction was over when it was picked up in Sweden.

I continued using my account as usual an after a accident at work I went on incapacity benefit as I was self employed on December 3rd 2013.

On 13th December 2013 I tried to take out £50 from the ATM machine and was denied.

I called Natwest and was told I was overdrawn by £314.

I asked why and was told WU tried to take the £450 that day and it was not all in there so I went OD.

I argued that it was not possible as the transaction was over on 22nd November when the money was held and paid out so they must be charging me again.

She said I used the £450 before they could take it.

I don't have any overdraft facility and can guarantee that in all the time I have tried to withdrawal cash or transfer it,

if it was not in there I could not take it out Even if I tried take out £20 and only had £19.99 it would not give it.

So I want to ask if I was wrong or if Natwest are wrong??

I only bring it up now because at the time I was told I could open repayment account paying £10

every two weeks from benefit and if I made all payments on time it would not affect my credit. I have asked for DD or credit card many times since 2013 and always denied.

i got my credit report last month and yep Natwest reported it and also have me paying late 6 months in a row.

The repayment account was paid in Feb 2015 yet it wont be taken off my report

I have 2 current accounts on there both showing 6 months late paying £10.

Yet a letter I asked them to write say they are reporting correctly and wont change anything.

SHOULD I ASK FOS FOR HELP????

you'v been sc@mmed

go report it to actionfraud

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You now have your own thread ugo2slo..please continue to post here.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Card transactions are not processed in realtime. You said that after the Western Union payment you were expecting to be left with £70. It sounds as though you've spent more than £70 (before the £450 was processed) and that mistake is on you.

You may be able to make a complaint to the bank about being mis-advised about the impacts of a repayment arrangement on your credit report. You wouldn't be able to escalate anything to the FOS until you've complained to the bank and given them the opportunity to investigate.

Thank you Andy.

Because WU held the £450 there was no way I could touch it.

I have gone through all statements from 2013-2014 and the plot even widens.

If there was a way to post statement here I would do it.

even though I sent the £450 on 22nd and it was paid out on 22nd, only the £50 sending fee was taken out on 22nd and on 29th the £400 was taken. Which means it was taken in 2 transactions then on 13 December the £450 was taken out but I did not go overdrawn.

It was all the transactions done that day that were put down as OD leaving me at £314 OD.

I don't think after seeing that, that I have to ask for advice here as it is clear I have been robbed then also reported on credit for the past 5 years. I had better seek legal advice on this.

@StJane;

Errr...No I had £520 and after sending the £450

I checked balance and only had £70 to spend.

And trust me..

...when cash is sent by WU online, they do not pay out until they are guaranteed they have the cash.

I have looked through statements and found I was charged 3 times instead of the 1.

I have no idea why.

I have asked Natwest to change it many times they fob me off.

now I have proof of being charged 3 times I can seek action and hopefully compensation

Edited by dx100uk
merge

• 1 month later...

Sorry i have not updated what is happening with this case.

I thank you all for your advice or comment.

I had to go through a long process with Western Union in getting the transaction from 1st November 2013 to 1st July 2014 that I asked for because I found 2 more errors with sending by WU and it leaving my current account at separate times instead of once.

I did not notice the other 2 because they did not put me overdrawn.

A financial expert is looking at it all to make sure I have a solid case.

I cannot really comment about it to much as it may be fraud in the bank or in wu.

I can only say if any of you have used western union around 2013 to 2014 you may want to check how payment went out.

If you find a debit card charge made in 2 or 3 payments then you may be in the same boat as me.

Edited by dx100uk
format