MBNA PPI refund appeal possible (if due)?

JibTeenuc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend has received payment from MBNA for a miss-sold PPI policy.

The advice slip attached to the cheque invites a telephone call to their offices, should there be any queries.

This in spite of a notification letter, received some weeks earlier, stating that “This is our final response to the complaint” and referring the recipient to the Ombudsman Service, should the refund not be deemed satisfactory.

If MBNA are granting telephone queries, would they not similarly accept written queries?

Secondly, I have attached MBNA’s calculations by which they arrived at their refund and would be grateful if someone, with more experience than I, would be kind enough to examine those and give us the benefit of their advice.

The credit card was provided circa ten years ago and has been steadily operating with a constant debt just shy of £3000, since then, with only minimum payments being made, each month (if that helps).

Thank you.

MBNA_PPI-Responce1of2_EDIT.pdf

MBNA_PPI-ChequeAdviceEDIT.pdf

MBNA_PPI-Responce2of2_EDIT.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
spacing/format

so this looks like a plevin refund?

do they mention that in the letter at all?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so this looks like a plevin refund?

do they mention that in the letter at all?

The word "plevin" has never been used. Apart from any identifying (or potentially so) information, the sum total of all communications received from MBNA have been included, within the 3 uploaded pdf documents apart from two letters received earlier, the first stating they were looking into the complaint and the second apologising for the apparent delay. Neither of those contain the word "plevin", either.

The complainant did so via the "Resolver" service available on a once fine but since wholly counterproductive (IMHO) website with which you will no doubt be familiar.

oh god resolver

totally useless for PPI reclaiming.

in a nut shell

unless you sar MBNA and get all the statements and thus all the PPI that's been charged you don't state a chance in checking if its correct.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh god resolver

totally useless for PPI reclaiming.

in a nut shell

unless you sar MBNA and get all the statements and thus all the PPI that's been charged you don't state a chance in checking if its correct.

I am really sorry (but I am learning fast) to have not sought advice from here, first.

Instead, I gaily lent my advice to a friend in need and now fear I may have inadvertently betrayed their trust.

Is it too late to serve a SAR on MBNA in this matter, now?

no not at all and its free now too!

this thread will drive you nuts

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?372400-MBNA-PPI-Award-%93Interpretative%94-Calculations

but its by far the simplest way of understanding the lengths MBNA goto to reduce refunds

and they

Whew!!!

Thank you so much.

Do you advise sending a SAR by any special tracked, signed for, or otherwise receipt-verifiable manner?

Or simply pop a postage stamp in the top right-hand corner of the envelope and place our trust in the pony express??

Also, the complainant is a lodger who does not receive council tax bills, will a contract telecommunications bill confirming their address suffice or is even that not really necessary as MBNA have already been communicating (and even refunding) them?

probably wont be necessary

no need to waste money

free proof of post under 1st class can be gotten from you PO counter

all legally you have to do is prove it was sent.

and they

probably wont be necessary

no need to waste money....

Thanks, again.

I must say that, as soon as I saw the words "notional" and "assessed" in their judgement communication, alarm bells rang and the word "codswallop" sprang to mind.

Such alarm was further cemented upon encountering the phrase"goodwill gesture".:lalala:

(See attached pdf)

What a shower of bankers (:censored:), they are!!!

MBNA_PPI-Responce1of2_EDIT02.pdf

I forgot to mention that my friend has already banked the cheque forwarded by MBNA which, whilst no mention of "Full and Final" settlement, or similar, was declared with the cheque or it attached advice slip, the preceding letter, received some weeks earlier, DID state "This is our final response to the complaint".

Is that going to present a problem?

If not, should we state within the SAR that the cheque has been accepted in part payment until a final refund total has either been agreed to or adjudicated on, or should we not even refer to that received payment, within the body of the SAR application - in which case should a separate letter be sent stating payment is accepted in part settlement only or is that, too, unnecessary?

Just bank the cheque

No harm done

Dont adapt the sar no

You can still goto the FOS anyway

I ots of the letters say you can consider this as..our final response..too

and they

Gogw allows them to not admit they were wrong

and they

Gogw allows them to not admit they were wrong

SAR has been sent, so thirty day countdown clock is ticking.

Thank you for all your valuable help which is sincerely appreciated as, had you not advised us, we would have still been ignorant as to our legal rights and accepted whatever MBNA might have told us as being sacrosanct.

Our fingers are crossed for a quick and positive response.

Please wish us "good-luck", everyone.:-)