• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

moneybarn VT..being obstructive **WON+REFUND**

drob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As i understand it I can Voluntary Termination at any time but will be liable to 50% of the total agreement.

I intend to VT my HP agreement however I am £93.00 away from 50%.

If I send notification of VT on Monday along with a cheque for £93.00 would this be accepted?

Others will come and give you more knowledgeable answers, but why don't you play it safe. Pay in the cheque and then when you know it has cleared then VT. All you need is one error such as it goes astray or it bounces – for whatever reason – and suddenly you find yourself in difficulty. Why play it so close to the line?

You dont have to have paid over 50% before you can vt!!

Read this thread

Use our letter included

Whos the creditor?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The creditor is Moneybarn ... I have a payment of £195.00 due to go out on the 15th but wanted to VT before the payment goes out.

My plan was to send the VT letter on Monday and then cancel my DD before the 15th.

Guessed it was

They are the pits

Read these threads

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=Moneybarn+voluntary+VT&sa=Search+CAG

Yes cancel payment wont hurt VT

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Retitled and moved to moneybarn forum

and they

Well they cant!!

But they are thick anyway and dont understand VT

Read those threads

Be prepared

They can charge nothing more than the money owed to VT threshold

and they

My plan is to send the VT letter by recorded delivery on Monday and via email.

Once they have signed for the VT letter on the Tuesday I then want to cancel the Direct Debit which is due to go out on Friday 15th June.

I estimate that I will have to pay £93.00 to bring payments to 50%.

shall i enclose a cheque or wait for a final bill from Moneybarn?

Not via email

Save money use 1st class with free proof of posting from a po counter

You only have to prove you sent it

Do NOT change the sording of our VT letter

Cancel dd now make no odds to leave it running in case they try to snatch money

Do NOT inc any payment with the letter no indicate what you owe or that it will be paid..none of their business to know that

and they

VOLUNTARY TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT UNDER S99/100 CCA 1974

Account No: (xxxxxxx)

Dear Sir,

I am writing to notify you that I am exercising my right to terminate the above Agreement

under Section 99 of the consumer credit act1974.

You will understand that the aforementioned section permits the debtor to terminate the agreement

at any time before the last payment is due.

There is no restriction regarding the exercising this statutory right,

particularly none in respect of any perceived arrears or monies due on termination

I understand that I shall be liable to you for the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100

of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

**As I have/have not paid more than the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100 the amount due is £XXXX/zero.

The above agreement will be terminated 14 days from the date of this notice.

Please send me details of how the vehicle can be returned to you.

You will be aware that statute prevents you from levying a charge for the recovery of this vehicle;

guidelines also state that if you require me to deliver this vehicle

it must be no more than a short (reasonable distance) from my registered address.

Please confirm receipt of this request in writing within 7 days of receipt.

Why do I give 14 days notice? I was on the understanding that once you have given notice then that's that.

enter £93 then

its terminated regardless not a problem

there is still only £93 due

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Re: V5 Registration Document

I am about to send my VT Notice off to Moneybarn.

What do I do with the V5 Registration Document?

Do I transfer the ownership to Moneybarn once they have acknowledged the VT?

no you do it now

and keep that yellow? slip tpp

and they

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=moneybarn+VT+voluntary+termination&sa=Search+CAG

pers i'd scan it before you send it

get free proof of posting from the PO counter on ANYTHING you send MB or the DVLA

read the threads I've linked too

moved to the moneybarn forum and retitled

have you taken pix and video using a selfie stick UNDER THE car

in the engine Comp

Boot Inside etc etc

close 1080p of the body work too

and they

Yes, I will send it recorded delivery.

I have had no issues with Moneybarn, YET apart from the extortionate 60% apr, however I can see them being awkward regarding the VT.

I have taken lots of pictures (date stamped) but no videos yet.

you don't need recorded

don't waste money

all by law you need is record you sent things

hence why I said use Free Proof of posting from the PO counter in post above

thread tidied

and they

The yellow slip (V5C/3) has a declaration that must be signed by both the registered keeper and the motor trader, finance company, insurer or auctioneer. The registered keeper must then return it to the DVLA.

i take it that whoever collects the vehicle must sign the yellow slip and that I can't inform the DVLA until the collection date?

ok

you don't need to keep hitting reply with quote

I know what I said

just type in the box..

and they

So, sent my VT notice off last week and Moneybarn have sent me an email today. It looks like things are going smoothly so far, so let's hope I haven't spoken too soon!

Dear drob,

Your contact details will now be passed to a company called BCA (British Car Auctions) who will contact you directly to arrange the inspection and collection of the vehicle, which we will agree to carry out free of charge. Please note they will be only able to inspect and collect between the hours of 9am until 5pm weekdays only.

BCA will now contact you within the next 2 working days to arrange the appointment and the appointment must be carried out within a period of 7 days from them contacting you. Failure to action this will mean the appointment of recovery agents, the cost of which would be billed to your account.

If you wish to contact BCA you can phone them on 0333 2414 208.

Please note that you must keep the vehicle fully taxed and insured until it has been returned.

You are required to also return the following items.

1. The Registration Document know as a V5

2. Service History Book / With FULL service record to Manufacturers schedule

3. MOT certificate if applicable

4. Spare keys

5. Sat Nav Disc if applicable

Please note that if you fail to return any of the above items, we will charge you for costs incurred in replacing them. Please be advised we are able to claim from you any loss we suffer as a result of your failure to take reasonable care of the vehicle and service the car to the manufacturer’s recommendations.

Well they cant cha rge anything

Dont forget video it everywhere

Under as well

and they

funny how they start to try & sneak in terms & conditions

1. Please note that you must keep the vehicle fully taxed until it has been returned. (Being kept off the road and will be SWORN on 28th of this month)

2. Please note that if you fail to return any of the above items, we will charge you for costs incurred in replacing them. Please be advised we are able to claim from you any loss we suffer as a result of your failure to take reasonable care of the vehicle and service the car to the manufacturer’s recommendations. (Open to interpretation)

So, BCA (British Car Auctions) are collecting the vehicle on 4th July.

BCA said make sure there is fuel in the car and that it has car tax!!

a) Car Tax runs out on 1st July and I am not renewing just for them! plus I have already transferred the car back to Monerybarn.

b) They can pay for there own fuel!!