Caught shoplifting in Primark but none of my details were recorded

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Earlier today I was trying on clothes in Primark when for some reason I decided I would try and steal one of the six items I was going to buy

. I was wearing Primark trousers anyway,

I thought I could get away with just swapping my old Primark trousers with a new pair I wanted while in the changing rooms.

The trousers I wanted only cost 5 pounds, and I am not skint, so I have no idea why I thought this was a good idea.

as I was leaving the changing rooms and they came to check the number of clothes on hangers was the same number I came in with, they somehow realised that the trousers were my old pair.

They brought me into a room at the side and went through everything else, and before they could say anything else I pretended to be shocked and say I must have forgot to change into my old trousers.

They brought me to the changing rooms and told me to change back into the old trousers and give them the ones I had on. I stupidly took the labels off of them, so this must have verified I was trying to steal them rather than it being an honest mistake. I had never done this in my life, and didn't enter the changing rooms with this in mind- so I must have done a bad job at it.

EDIT: I am 19 years old I admitted to trying to steal them instantly since in the past I've always been told that honesty is the best policy when it comes to getting into trouble. I also apologised and said that it was very stupid of me, and I will never do it again. The staff were having none of it, and ignored my pleas for remorse (rightly so).

Then the lady told me to follow her as she brought everything I took into the changing room to the cashier so I could pay for it all. I wasn't even wanting to buy it all but out of embarrassment I bought it all, despite the fact half of it was in the wrong size or duplicates of each other in different sizes. I paid for it on my debit card, said sorry again and left. They also said I was banned from going into their changing rooms again.

I am asking is whether they can track me down based on the fact I paid for the items on my card. Other than that they did not take my name, age, DOB, ID, photo etc (to my knowledge/ maybe they can see me coming out the changing rooms on security?).

Furthermore, how long will this ban last?

If they can not identify me how can they implement the restriction?

or was this just to scare me?

Obviously I made a bad decision which I have since learnt from. Shoplifting is embarrassing in itself when you can afford what you are trying to steal, but the fact that it was in Primark of all places is even more pathetic of me.

So, what do you think?

Thanks for any input or comments, I have not seen a thread like this yet.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Just forget it happened

There is nothing anyone can do

Ignore RLP letters too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, answering your PM.

dx has given you advice, do you have other questions?

HB

They did not take my name, address, DOB etc. I just paid for the item with my debit card and left. I am asking whether they can still track me, send me a RLP letter etc based on me buying the product using my debit card.

No they will not bother

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for all your help, I have been distracted by the guilt and regret ever since.

Go and have a chat with your GP. Your actions might be an early indicator of other problems that the GP can help with before it becomes serious.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hi and welcome.

Rare as it is, Primarni :-) on occasion don't bother with using civil recovery, possibly because they read some posts on here and realise that RLP have no authority to charge anyone and did the right thing and banned you although the clothes you had to buy was punishment. I happen to think that is a good thing.

As for getting your details from your debit card. Nah! Banks will not give out your data to anyone without your permission and certainly not without the order of the courts so you can see it won't be worth it.

If you really want cheap clothes, go to Asda. The quality is better than Primark.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE