style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I made a very stupid choice and shoplifted some stuff from Primark, I was in a rush to meet my friends and decided to just leave, the total price was approx £55.

(Worst mistake ever)

I'm on a work visa in UK and going to my country to apply for an extension for my visa.

During my detention in Primark, the security guy asked me for my ID and I showed him my passport/BRP cause that's the only form of valid ID I have in UK. Therefore, he got to know that I'm not a national and threatened me that he will report this incident to the Home Office and RLP who will claim the fine from me.

The security guy was extremely rude and told me that he doesn't want people like me in this country and he will do everything to get me out of here and never enter again.

I cried and begged him to not do this and that this will never happen again but he simply dismissed me.

I'm very very scared now. I don't have any past criminal record. This was my only stupid mistake.

I'm ready to pay any sort of fine but I don't want this to be on my criminal record.

Do you think the Home Office will dismiss my visa application cause of this or will this be on my criminal record?

Hi,

I'm an International recent graduate on a Tier5 temporary work visa, which I received after Tier 4 student visa.

I made a very stupid choice and shoplifted some stuff from Primark, I was in a rush to meet my friends and decided to just leave, the total price was approx £55.

(Worst mistake ever)

I'm on a work visa in UK and going to my country to apply for an extension for my visa.

During my detention in Primark, the security guy asked me for my ID and I showed him my passport/BRP cause that's the only form of valid ID I have in UK. Therefore, he got to know that I'm not a national and threatened me that he will report this incident to the Home Office and RLP who will claim the fine from me. He has also taken the address of my home country + passport details and told me that I will receive my letter there directly.

The security guy was extremely rude and told me that he doesn't want people like me in this country and he will do everything to get me out of here and never enter again.

I cried and begged him to not do this and that this will never happen again but he simply dismissed me.

I'm very very scared now. I don't have any past criminal record. This was my only stupid mistake.

I'm ready to pay any sort of fine but I don't want this to be on my criminal record.

Do you think the Home Office will dismiss my visa application cause of this or will this be on my criminal record?

He didnt use the word fine

And i hope not the home office

If not a serious complaint needs to be made to the CEO of Primark

Ignore rlp

And it can never harm your immigration status nor visa

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The security guard was nothing more than a bully and a liar and cannot do anything they threaten to.

They can't contact the Home Office and even if they stood outside with a big placard it will be them who get arrested, not you.

This has nothing to do with the police, Home Office or anyone else who can affect your future here or anywhere else. If they recovered the goods in saleable condition that is now the end of the matter as far as English law is concerned.

What you may get is some rather scary begging letters dressed up as something they are not. The company RLP has nothing to do with anything and like the security guard are not afraid to tell you things that arent true to scare you into paying them.

All of the threads here say the same thing- dont pay them as you have no reason to do so

Hi,

He did say that the RLP will send the letter for the amount fined to me directly to my home country and that he will inform the Home Office about this incident.

I don't know he was just threatening me or if he was actually going to do it.

I really really hope this doesn't affect my visa application, have worked really hard for it.

Applying for the visa next week, let's hope it all goes through smoothly.

Thank you very much for your help.

RLp will not do anything like that, and NOTHING will happen to affect your visa application. The security guard is lying to you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Can I just say first, deciding to steal is not a mistake, it is a poor choice. That is your slap on the wrist from me.

It seems that the security company used by Primark have no clue what they can do or what they can say. It sounds like this security guard has an inferiority complex and needs to justify his/her existence by making threats that cannot happen. This attitude puts a severe stain on other good security staff.

This event will have no impact on your visa extension. If there are any questions such as " have you been convicted of any crime", the answer is a truthful NO as no police or criminal court was involved.

Yes, you will get a few letters from RLP but they can safely be ignored. When you get the letters, read them at least twice in detail to realise that they are powerless. You might even get letters from a debt collector but they have as much power as I do over you. (That will be none)

Do not respond to any letters nor ring them. By doing so will only encourage them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I know it was a very poor choice and I'm never repeating that again.

Really hope everything goes well with the visa application.

I will keep you all updated and will not respond to any stupid letters.

Many thanks!