CPM ANPR PCN - for NOT using KFC but Parking in their Car park!! Hereford

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Coporate services have sent a parking charge notice to a friend of mine, after 5mins of parking there.

they state that the reason for the charge is because they didnt use the premises.

im wondering do they need to prove that they didnt need to use the premises of KFC, in order for them to charge this invoice?

if so will a simple email stating that they did indeed use the kfc on the day in question and its down to them to prove that they didnt in order for them to pay.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Please don't write anything until the forum experts have had a look at this. You talk about Corporate Services - is this a company car?

We need the information requested in the forum sticky please.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

DO NOT CONTACT THEM AT ALL and NEVER use email for any matter to do with parking cowboys, at present they have nothing to casue them to do anything and a lot that allows your friend to sue them.

Seeing what they have issued will help us a great deal as will telling us the exact llocation of the place.

Charging anythine for supposedly not using the business is a complete nonsense and that is supported by case law as well as a number of other things so no need to worry at all.

its not from KFC...nothing to do with them..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Can you post up the notice? If so, can you make sure all personal info, reference numbers, Car reg and barcodes.

IF this is from KFC, it would be highly unusual. I would read what they have sent carefully especially at the bottom of the letter where company info is usually printed

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

So long as the registration number of the car is obscured, any pictures would be of any car but I understand your apprehension.

Can you please fill out the questions posted by honeybee as this will help us help you. Be exact with the post code and then we may be able to use streetview to look at the site.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

For windscreen tickets (NTD) please answer the following questions.

1 The date of infringement? 12/3/18

2 Did you appeal to the parking company? no

If yes, has there been any response?

If no, have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Yes

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) Yes

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? Corporate Services Hereford

photos to follow.

Edited by DragonFly1967
Fixed text size

Thanks for that info.

This is the company

http://www.cspmparking.co.uk/

They are not affiliated with KFC. They just manage the car park.

As a member of the BPA, they are supposed to allow a minimum of 10 minutes grace period. Did your friend keep the receipt?

What date did the NTK have on it? With windscreen tickets, if no response is received within the first 28 days then the company can apply to the DVLA for the keeper details. The NTK must be received between 29 and 56 days after the notice to diver has expired.

If your friend chooses to appeal, he/she must not state 'I was driving' Only ever state 'The Driver'

here we go go the images of the relevant letters.

my friend doesnt have a receipt for the day in question, also paid in cash.

what should they do?

thanks for that info, i had another go at it and hopefully this is the correct one. file attached in pdf. with barcodes and names removed.

Baconislife.pdf.pdf

The NTK states that they are the managing agents, which makes them a third party in any action so they cant actually demand money from you.

This may be an error of their wording of the letter but nonetheless thay have actually stated they dont have an interest in this matter so I would take them at their word.

They also miss out the key words required to create a keeper liability under the POFA so again they are either telling the truth and dont have any rights or they are just useless and have now shot themselves in the foot.

Either way you as the keeper dont owe them any money and as they are only agents the driver doesnt owe them any money either.

really, oh my. i was wondering what should my friend does now? by the way they are over the moon with this information, you have all been so helpful. they are concerned as the second letter is from debt recovery service which state they demand payment, by tomorrow 12/06/18. what is the next action.

what did they miss out because i cant see the error?

You (and your friend) can completely ignore Desperate Recovery Pass. They are just a paper tiger. There's more power in a flat battery :wink:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

thread tidied

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You will have to read the POFA and study it line by line and you will then see.

As you havent read up on dca's either then both of these subjects should be your homework, look at threads in the debt subforums as well as in the parking section.

It will hopefully become clearer as to why you should follow the advice regarding ignore for them.

Your friend would be advised to do some homework as well, better all round as they will then not be panicked into doing or saying something rash

really, oh my. i was wondering what should my friend does now? by the way they are over the moon with this information, you have all been so helpful. they are concerned as the second letter is from debt recovery service which state they demand payment, by tomorrow 12/06/18. what is the next action. what did they miss out because i cant see the error?

hey all,

just want to thank all of you that have been helping me through this mine field.

I understand that this maybe a simple thing for you all to sort and im very grateful for that assistance.

ive been trying to read the POFA SCHEDULE 4 and its written in a way that makes zero sense to someone like me.

my friend was on track to ignore them but is scared that this will go to court and that they will have baliffs round trying to take the car or worse.

any clarifications on specific points im missing would be absolutely amazing.

right 1st

a DCA are NOT BAILIFFS

they cant SEND IN BAILIFFS

forget the crap you see on TV [i'e cant pay we'll take it away]

they are high court lot

and can never be involved

as for court bailiffs, the nice lot

they'd [CPM would have to WIN the court case FIRST and then he will have had to have not paid with in one calendar month too boot!

and they

sorry for the late reply, and thanks again all for all the time and effort you have put into this for helping myself and my friend out.

hyperthethically what would happen if we contact the creditor at this time in the process?

im clearly not going to do anything like that but with all your experience if we did email them stating that we went into the establishment, and asked that they proved it otherwise (wheter or not the individual actually went in or not) how likely is it that they have the evidence to prove the contrary?

i guess im questioning their due diligence.

in youre experience what would you say to this?

they will ignore anythinmg you say and take the contact as being a willingless to pay up if they make a few more threats.

They are greedy and that is why the amount asked for is more than they are legally allowed to claim.

Why would you think that once they have started to tell lies they are suddenly going to change their story?

This also shows that you havent read up enough about them

indeed, the the whole thing actually disgusts me and needs to be changed.

it seems that you cant park anywhere nowadays without having to pay someone its a disgusting tax on the populace that lines the pockets of the private sector.

im so glad that you guys are here for people like myself to help us through this mine field. \o/