Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Libertas Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2012

Default Re: BT SIMO - PAC held back - Twice

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFly1967 View Post
    BT and sincere... Let me think

What they might realise is that you're not going to be the pushover that they think you are, and that's about the best that you can hope for when it comes to dealing with companies like this.

I wouldn't change anything to be honest, just get it in the post and see what their next move is.
    DragonFly1967,

I'm very grateful for your reply.

I was hoping to get the opinion of Bankfodder too - simply to hear as many ideas as possible.

Do you have the ability to PM BankFodder - and ask him to offer his thoughts to my latest question - I can't seem to PM him directly.

Hope you can help,

Once again, most sincerely - I'm grateful to both of you for your continued guidance.

Libertas

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

I think BF is away in Germany at the moment, I did flag this for his attention, but I don't think he has the internet access that he'd like so may not have seen it.

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Okay I'm back for a bit now. Can you please let me know where you are on this and what the likely next step is

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Libertas Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by BankFodder View Post
    Okay I'm back for a bit now. Can you please let me know where you are on this and what the likely next step is
    Hi BankFodder,

Currently - just waiting for your input on post 15 - then will proceed once I've heard your ideas on this. Other than the initial SARicon request - I have not communicated with BT.

Basic Account Holder
    Libertas Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by BankFodder View Post
    Hi BankFodder, did you get a chance to see my previous post?

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Blog Entries

As I understand it, you have tried to port your number on a number of occasions and each time they have told you on the telephone that they have been unable to do this because of some technical problems. I understand that you have no evidence of this because you haven't recorded calls.

I understand also that you sent them an SARicon and they have now responded back to you and I are trying to rely on the three month extension but for reasons which are outside the exception rules in GDPRicon. Is this correct?

Have you now install the call recorder and have you made a new attempt to port your number? Have you managed to acquire any evidence of the fact that you have requested a PAC code and that once again they have been unable to help you?

Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Libertas Novitiate

Current state of play:

Received this - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...=1#post5130924

Forum advised I write back. This is the draft - and I am seeking your input on it, before I send it

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...=1#post5133786

Once the letter is finalised - I will send it immediately.

Then I will attempt to port my number again - and record the call.

Blog Entries

I think before you send this stuff, you need to decide what action you are prepared to take. I think you are being led around and that you probably need to take control.

It seems to me that they are in breach of contract by not supplying you with the PAC code that you need. Also, according to my understanding of GDPRicon, they are now in breach of their statutory obligations.

It will be extremely helpful if you got the recording of them fudging the PAC code request again. You been here since 2012 and I'm only very sorry you don't routinely record your callsicon as we advise everyone because you would have all this evidence already and you could move immediately.

I would suggest that before you do anything else, try to get the PAC code and record what happens. You never know, you might be lucky enough to get at this time. However if they continue causing you problems at least then you will have the evidence that you need without having to hang around for an SARicon over which they propose to take three months.

After that I think that the next thing I would do is I would send them a letter before claim. I was given 14 days to produce the PAC code and the SAR or sue them without any further notice. They clearly aren't taking you seriously and I'm getting concerned because we have another example of a major company which seems to be totally happy to breach the data protection rules by attempting to rely on a three-month exception in circumstances where it doesn't apply.

I think people need to start taking action on this because it will soon become part of the culture of all companies that they can take up to 3 months – and not only that the public will start believing that that is indeed the situation.

If you are prepared to take the legal action then I would sue them for the losses that you have incurred as a result of the failure to provide you with the code and also for a modest amount – say, 50, for their statutory breach.

As usual we advise that you only decide to send a letter before actionicon if you really intend to go through with your threat which is to issue the papers.

I can fully believe that once you did issue the papers then things will start to move very quickly – including the SAR. They would try to get you to drop the case. Although I would recommend that you did drop the part of the claim dealing with the failure of the PAC code – assuming that they paid you out your losses and your claim fee, I would recommend strenuously that you would continue on the statutory breach in order to get a judgement because it is only that which will start to deliver a lesson to this company and all the other companies that are trying to play around with their customers basic rights.

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details