How long for a cancelled CCJ to come off credit report?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I had a judgement registered against me which i paid in full within 28days.

I have spoken to the court and they have confirmed it is showing as cancelled however the lady said that it can take time to filter down to credit reference agencies,

does anyone know what sort of length of time this may be as it is having a significant impact on my score and i need to get a letting agency check done.

Is there anything i can do to speed up process??

10 days but it depends on the crf provider some take months

Why is this a problem?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I need to get a credit check done for renting a property, it appears that a CCJ has quite an impact on Landlord searches as i know previously when i have checked my credit rating for public searches has been far higher than credit searches yet now it is lower.

Have you checked the CCJ Registry Trust that the entry has been removed ?

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/ccjs-and-county-courts/certificate-of-satisfaction-satisfied-vs-unsatisfied-ccjs

Once the defendant pays the judgment in full they may apply to the court for a ‘Certificate of Satisfaction / Cancellation’.

A certificate is a court sealed document confirming that the judgment has been marked as ‘paid’ on the court record. If the judgment was paid within one month, a certificate of cancellation will be provided and the entry removed from the Registry.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I didnt think it would show..markers are only normally placed after the payment date has exceeded...not from the date of judgment...so why your CRAs are lower Im not sure.?..if its not on the registry it shouldn't be on your CRAs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy,That's really interesting as the marker on the credit file went on almost straight after the judgement

(Timescale: Judgement entered 26th April, paid in full 22nd May),

the court confirm it showing as a cancelled judgement but the markers still there, like you i thought they would not go on until after the 28 day limit to pay.

Yes i found this out a couple of weeks ago

Not sure when it changed but as soon as the judgement is given it goes straight on your file in the public or judgements section

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes i found this out a couple of weeks ago

Not sure when it changed but as soon as the judgement is given it goes straight on your file in the public or judgements section

Been like this for years. The Court automatically notifies Registry Trust who in turn notify the CRAs. If paid within the 28 days then the same happens but if it has just missed the CRAs time for uploading files it can take up to 6 weeks to come off their records. Happened to me approx 10 years ago and sometimes you do need to chase it up.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But its not on the Registry Trust ?

Logic states that yes they do inform the trust immediately on judgment date..but it must be suspended until time allowed to pay has expired.

Then the Trust updates the CRAs if not paid ?

so registered at an old address

so unless you search TOL using that address you wont see the CCJ

and they

I would speak to Trust and ask why is it showing on your CRAs.

so registered at an old address

so unless you search TOL using that address you wont see the CCJ

No, the CCJ was recent and under my current address, the date of judgement being 26th April, i paid in full 22nd May (within 28 days)

i have never had any other judgement entered, the search on the registry was today,

the court that dealt with the judgement are saying it shows as cancelled,

it just seems that the credit reference agencies have not been updated and my original question is how long would this normally take and can i speed up the process.

Daft question...but the judgment did state 28 days and not forthwith ?

But its not on the Registry Trust ? - Because it comes off there first

Logic states that yes they do inform the trust immediately on judgment date..but it must be suspended until time allowed to pay has expired. For me the first I knew about it was the letters offering me a loan to pay it off - at high interest rates.

Then the Trust updates the CRAs if not paid ?

I can only go from my own experience when the amount due was paid in full within 7 days, by then it was on Registry Trust & CRAs. In the end the Court forgot to inform RT it was paid and it was a telephone call to them that then revealed it could take up to 6 weeks to come off the CRAs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats a bad system PT....think of all the corrections they must have to make...instead of waiting to see if its not paid:-)

I can certainly agree with that. Like most things with Court procedures they are not designed to be easy. I would imagine those that pay up in time are very much in the minority, after all there are not many that have spare wads of cash lying around - mine was circa £4.5k but having had a Tax Rebate at the time I was lucky. I eventually proved the Creditor had been at fault from the beginning. Maybe it should be something worth campaigning for - if not for anything else but to get everyone to sing off the same hymn sheet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]