Employer Cancelled Flexible Working Contract & Now Disciplinary

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Agree with Sangie, that it is probably best to let the Unions legal side look at this. I only advised seeking another opinion, as you appeared uncertain whether to trust the Union.

Depending on the Union and their relationship with the employers perhaps they can resolve this with senior management and avoid it needing to go legal. They might be able to point to agreements in place about flexible working and managers not trying to enforce working hours employees cannot work, because of caring commitments etc. An outside employment Solicitor might not be made aware of all existing agreements/policies in place and therefore not be able offer best assistance.

I agree and I took advice from external solicitor just to be certain that I am in the right. Due to all this stress my mind has gone blank to a level that I am even struggling to concentrate on basic things.

I agree and I took advice from external solicitor just to be certain that I am in the right. Due to all this stress my mind has gone blank to a level that I am even struggling to concentrate on basic things.

But unfortunately that is what you aren't supposed to do. So please don't mention it. I appreciate why you have done it, but the fact is that there will always be different views and opinions. Sometimes some very much worse than others! But people need to understand that if, for example, a solicitor gives got some specific advice and you act on it, then go back to the union and expect them to bail you out when it goes wrong - well it was your decision, wasn't it? I don't mean that to mean the OP "you", but the general "you" for anyone reading this. You wouldn't expect to have two solicitors. Well the same thing applies. Your union is your "solicitor" and you follow them, or you go elsewhere, but you can't have it both ways.

But unfortunately that is what you aren't supposed to do. So please don't mention it. I appreciate why you have done it, but the fact is that there will always be different views and opinions. Sometimes some very much worse than others! But people need to understand that if, for example, a solicitor gives got some specific advice and you act on it, then go back to the union and expect them to bail you out when it goes wrong - well it was your decision, wasn't it? I don't mean that to mean the OP "you", but the general "you" for anyone reading this. You wouldn't expect to have two solicitors. Well the same thing applies. Your union is your "solicitor" and you follow them, or you go elsewhere, but you can't have it both ways.

I agree but my worry is that in this day and age some employers are still running businesss like a modern day slavery. The law exists but as if they don’t really care

I agree but my worry is that in this day and age some employers are still running businesss like a modern day slavery. The law exists but as if they don’t really care

If you believe your situation is slavery, I have some books for you to read.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

It would be interesting to know which sector you work in.

From what I hear and see, there are too many people in senior positions trying to protect their large salaries, by squeezing those workers who are delivering the service to customers. To make the numbers add up, they are looking to reduce costs and if they can increase hours/days of working, then they will try to do that.

There are care workers near Bath protesting at the moment, because the company they work for are trying to remove paid half hour breaks. These workers are doing long hours often on minimum wage and helping people who are vulnerable with a lot of care required. I spoke to someone recently who worked for another care provider, who looked after 5 children with different levels of autism and he had started work on one day at 9am and did not complete his shift until 4pm the following day. He said that he sometimes managed to get 5 hours sleep overnight, but if the children did not sleep or needed care overnight, he would be working 31 hours without many breaks.

So yes I can see why some feel it is a bit like slavery.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Setting aside the debate on slavery, that is where you are wrong. Very few employers set out to break the law, or don't care about it. But most employees believe the law gives them vastly more entitlements than it does. That is why things go wrong so often. People "stand on" rights they don't have. If people want to fight for something, then that's fantastic. It's what many of the rights we have are based on - people who fought for something that didn't exist. But they need to do so with their eyes open. Demanding a right that doesn't exist doesn't get the outcome you expect. For example, read any of these kinds of boards and you'll routinely read "i'm protected under the Equality Act". That is meaningless twaddle. But people believe it and believe that their employer must do things, or can't touch them, just because they are "protected".